Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Air awards using US miles??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2007, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, *G, Marriott Platinum
Singapore Air awards using US miles??

Forgive me if this has been asked before..but how far in avance do I need to book an award in F or C on Singapore Air using US miles to get availability? I was hoping for SFO-HKG.
Thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2007, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by jbryan77
Forgive me if this has been asked before..but how far in avance do I need to book an award in F or C on Singapore Air using US miles to get availability? I was hoping for SFO-HKG.
Thanks!
As soon as possible! Availability probably varies by season, but you should start checking as soon as you're within the 330 day window for which they can book. It's even more important to do so if you want to travel on particular days or want more than one ticket on the same flights.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 10:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
I got 2 SQ tickets in Exec. Economy EWR-SIN-BKK and BKK-SIN-LAX with about a month's notice. F and C would be understandably more difficult.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 10:07 pm

As a general rule:

Either get them ASAP (they usually open up 330 days before departure) or get them last minute (within 30-45 days)
Old Jan 31, 2007, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by sts603
I got 2 SQ tickets in Exec. Economy EWR-SIN-BKK and BKK-SIN-LAX with about a month's notice. F and C would be understandably more difficult.
Were you able to get the Exec Economy tickets for the miles of standard coach? I'm going to be looking for tickets to BKK myself in a month or so (when early '08 seats become available). I'm hoping I can get C by booking 330 days out, but I might go for Exec if I don't have luck with C again.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've had good like at 9 to 10 months out. But as the other posters have said book as soon as possible. The closer you get to the dates you want to travel, it becomes infinitely more difficult to find.

Also try and have other alternatives available. In Oct I'm flying SQ to Perth. At 10.5 months out I had to get 2 20+ hour layovers (1 coming and 1 going) in SIN to make it work with availability.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
How many seats do you want?
Old Feb 1, 2007, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, *G, Marriott Platinum
Probably only 2, but 4 would be fantastic.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by jbryan77
Probably only 2, but 4 would be fantastic.
You'll never get 4 FC award seats on SQ. They don't release that many, and they so don't release them to *A carriers. The cabin is quite (but quite nicely!) small.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.