Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5k club bonus still around?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2006, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
5k club bonus still around?

Does anyone know if the 5k mile bonus is still around for joining the US club? And will this count towards preferred?

I was reading some fine print on the site last night and it says that the 5k promotion "Club5k" ended at the end of Oct. 06. Is there a new promo code perhaps?

For the record, assuming the bonus is still around and it will count towards preferred, I plan on joining the club with the extra RCC membership. As of now I'll be at 96k miles at the end of the year and this will put me into CP. So I can get comped to 1k on UAL next year. I think it's worth the investment.

And yes, even as a UAL 1k I'll still be flying US a good deal because they're the only option to several destinations I regularly fly to. So the club membership won't be a waste.

Thanks in advance for ya'lls help.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 8:46 am

FWIW, when I bought the Club membership back in October during the Club5K promo it was after they started the "Everything* Counts" promotion and the 5000 bonus miles did not count towards preferred.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
The bonus is gone, and it did not count toward Preferred. It was also not offered for renewals.
As a result, when my membership expired, I did not renew it. I really wasn't finding it worth it anyway.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Thanks for the fast feedback.

Looks like this isn't worth my investment then. Even though I was primarily doing it to buy myself into CP to get over to 1K, I'll just buy the UA Club membership direct because that's where I'm heading.

This all goes back to that article written by Joe B about the strategy of Mr. Christ and the rest of the US execs. How can they expect to sell a premium product (whether it's Envoy, or in this case the club) at a premium price when it isn't as good as what the competition offers.

I don't know. The "new" USAirways just seems to defy logic.

But maybe that's not bad seeing as conventional wisdom has led pretty much everyone into bk.

I personally just don't see this business model sustaining itself for too long. Time will tell though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.