Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Philadelphia Envoy Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2006, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Does this lounge have PC's, and a good variety of reading material?
FGII ... I'm sure you've spent a lot of time in MLLs and, believe me, no US club compares.
A west is a huge club, coffee machine, tv, mints, water, mice, and maybe one newspaper for the entire club! Why an airline club wouldn't have dozens of papers is weak!? Nice place to watch the PHL ops but bring your own entertainment in.

/J
Old Aug 31, 2006, 5:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
FGII ... I'm sure you've spent a lot of time in MLLs and, believe me, no US club compares.
A west is a huge club, coffee machine, tv, mints, water, mice, and maybe one newspaper for the entire club! Why an airline club wouldn't have dozens of papers is weak!? Nice place to watch the PHL ops but bring your own entertainment in.

/J
I have been in several domestic, transborder, US, and overseas Air Canada's Maple Leaf Lounges, and I agree that at least the domestic US Air lounges do not compare to MLL. I was hoping that the international US Air lounges would be of a much higher quality, than the domestic lounges, and perhaps at least as good as any MLL lounge?
Old Jan 15, 2009, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Update - 2009

Wanted to provide an update on the PHL Envoy Lounge - couldn't find too many other recent threads on it, and I'm here on my way to Dublin.

Although I have been in the regular-old US Clubs in DCA, LGA, and BDL, I've never been in here before - and I am quite impressed. I'm pretty sure this is the nicest lounge of a US-based carrier that I've visited in the US.

The lounge is very large, and though I'm sure that it will fill up later, it is empty and dead quiet in here at the moment. There is a pretty nice selection of food, all cold, but still nice - pumpkin ravioli, shrimp salad, tomato & mozzarella salad, ham salad, a chicken salad, roasted potatoes, all kinds of cheeses, hummus and pita, breads, crackers, fruits, vegetables, and desserts. There is also wine, a decent selection of beer, and a bar with (I assume) complimentary drinks.

There are very few TVs (which I appreciate, for the quiet) but great views of the terminal A operations. The lounge is very bright and airy. Staff seems to be quite friendly. There are plenty of work carrels, photocopiers, and a few printers. There are lots of eating tables and plenty of comfortable chairs. There are no showers, which is really the only thing missing in my book - I generally prefer to take a shower before an overnight flight, but no big deal. Certainly is a pretty pleasant place to kill a few hours.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 6:37 am

Lounge LH or US?

I have a business class ticket from PHL to FRA, booked through US Air but flying Lufthansa. Which club(s) can I access in PHL? Which one is better?
Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2010, 6:46 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by sandycoflyer
I have a business class ticket from PHL to FRA, booked through US Air but flying Lufthansa. Which club(s) can I access in PHL?
You can visit the Envoy lounge. It is absolutely the best lounge in PHL.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 8:01 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Hilton-Diamond, UA-1K
Envoy lounge

Free wifi, photocopiers and a few computer terminals in a quiet and spacious environment. They have a light menu which is decent enough to satisfy any cravings while you are working.. If you want a real meal, there are more than a few options between terminals A&B I normally avoid alcohol while flying so cannot comment on the wines.

The envoy lounge in philly seems to be designed as a functional lounge- you can get work done - but do not expect to be pampered. The latter point being obvious to anyone flying US...

For what I pay to access the lounge (free), I think it is a great product.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 8:36 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Hi folks - simple question.

2 *Gold members with RCC memberships on first class tickets PHL-AUA. Will we be able to access the Envoy lounge, and if not, is there another lounge we can access?

Thank you in advance!
Old Jan 17, 2010, 9:20 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Hi folks - simple question.

2 *Gold members with RCC memberships on first class tickets PHL-AUA. Will we be able to access the Envoy lounge, and if not, is there another lounge we can access?
Not according to the footnote listed for the Envoy lounge:
http://www2.usairways.com/en-US/trav...tions.html#Phi

For Envoy and Star Gold passengers with transatlantic travel; or travel to Guadalajara, Mexico City, or San Jose (Costa Rica) only

I don't think it would matter anyway since it doesn't open until 130pm and your AUA flight is probably in the morning. If your flight is departing from B/C, just use the club above the B/C marketplace. It's more convenient anyway. If you're departing from A, then you're kind of out of luck unless you get there plenty early and give yourself time to make the walk from the B/C club.

On a separate topic, when A-West opened in 2003, I'm pretty sure the current Envoy lounge was split with half being a USAirways Club and the other half being an Envoy lounge. I'm not sure when they converted the entire space to Envoy, though, but I assume it was to accommodate all the additional TA flights that have launched over the years.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:14 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by PHL
Not according to the footnote listed for the Envoy lounge:
http://www2.usairways.com/en-US/trav...tions.html#Phi

For Envoy and Star Gold passengers with transatlantic travel; or travel to Guadalajara, Mexico City, or San Jose (Costa Rica) only

I don't think it would matter anyway since it doesn't open until 130pm and your AUA flight is probably in the morning. If your flight is departing from B/C, just use the club above the B/C marketplace. It's more convenient anyway. If you're departing from A, then you're kind of out of luck unless you get there plenty early and give yourself time to make the walk from the B/C club.

On a separate topic, when A-West opened in 2003, I'm pretty sure the current Envoy lounge was split with half being a USAirways Club and the other half being an Envoy lounge. I'm not sure when they converted the entire space to Envoy, though, but I assume it was to accommodate all the additional TA flights that have launched over the years.
Thank you, very helpful. Our flight departs before the lounge opens. Oh well.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:25 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I am considering going from YOW to IST via PHI. I plan to fly business class, and I am a Star Alliance Gold member through Air Canada's Aeroplan.

I presume this lounge is international US Air Lounge in PHI. I have been to the domestic lounges in terminal F, and terminal B (or is it C?). I would presume that this international lounge is superior to the domestic ones?

Does the international lounge have computers?

Are there other options for Star Alliance lounges in PHI, if flying on a Star Alliance carrier to Europe (or beyond)?
Have you considered flying via JFK on Turkish. They operate a 777 with lay flat minisuites (like Air Canada) in C and full suites with doors in F.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Plat
Unhappy

Last time I went through PHL, I was F domestic and Envoy on all legs, but I was told that the Envoy lounge was only for OUTBOUND TATL ONLY.

What's up with that? Seems like it should be for those coming or going...
Old Jan 17, 2010, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
They've been calling it the Envoy DEPARTURE Lounge for years.

Those coming OFF an Envoy flight from Europe connectiung to a US FC domestic flight to their final destination should have access to the US Clubs in the other (predominantly domestic) terminals.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Talking

Originally Posted by uva185
[SIZE=1]Have you considered flying via JFK on Turkish. They operate a 777 with lay flat minisuites (like Air Canada) in C and full suites with doors in F.

uva185, I suspect FlyerGoldII's flight dates have come and gone as his post about getting to IST was from 2006.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 12:18 am

Programs: UA AA and more
Going from Zurich to PHL in Envoy, which club should I go?
Old Jan 18, 2010, 6:35 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Originally Posted by geo1005
uva185, I suspect FlyerGoldII's flight dates have come and gone as his post about getting to IST was from 2006.
Haha whoops!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.