Will the FT Forums merge?

Subscribe
Now that the airlines have officially merged, does it make sense to merge the HP and US FlyerTalk forums? Is this in the works already?
Also who will the mods be?
In the spirit of the "merger" I suggest the merged forums keep the US Airways name but all the management (moderators) of the HP board.
Quote: In the spirit of the "merger" I suggest the merged forums keep the US Airways name but all the management (moderators) of the HP board.
yeah.... bring on the fresh meat.
Quote: In the spirit of the "merger" I suggest the merged forums keep the US Airways name but all the management (moderators) of the HP board.
Ya, thanks! "All the moderators of the HP board" would be me.

While I've not been involved in any discussions about a consolidation (which, of course, could mean a couple of things! ), if history is any indication Randy will have them consolidated once they are truly a single program next Spring.

People with thoughts or preferences about the issue should direct them to him; I'd suggest via either the Talkboard Topics or Only Randy Petersen forums.
Hopefully no moderator has to lose their job because of the merger. There already is some crossover between the two boards.

I suggest visiting both to get the most current information.

I look forward to making new friends with the members of the America West board.
Quote: Ya, thanks! "All the moderators of the HP board" would be me.
Didn't we have two HP mods at one point? Jan_az?
Eventually the HP forum would be moved to the "Discontinued Programs" fora, I would expect. There is still a place for questions about historical programs.

This has happened with the old AF stand-alone program, etc.
See Sub-Forums: Discontinued Programs/Partners
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=395
Quote: Hopefully no moderator has to lose their job because of the merger.
We'll have to address the issue of seniority...