Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No notification when US downgauges?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2015, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
No notification when US downgauges?

I decided to see how many F seats are already occupied on my flights later next week to sorta gauge my upgrade possibilities (I know there are no guarantees, but it satisfies my curiosity). I was quite surprised to discover that two of my flights had been switched from 321 to 320, and I was moved from 23F to 11F. So now on 3/4 segments, I'm on a 320, whereas before I was on a 321 for 3/4 (I'm still on one 321). I much prefer the 321, especially if I don't get upgraded (which is certainly a possibility as I'm traveling with a non-status friend). (I realize it would be worse if I'd been switched and assigned to a regular row since no exits were available.) I booked a couple of months ago, so I'm not sure when this may have happened. Just wondering if non-notification is normal for US or if it's an AA thing.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 5:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I've never seen notifications for aircraft changes from either US or AA or DL/UA for that matter.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Often1
I've never seen notifications for aircraft changes from either US or AA or DL/UA for that matter.
Me either. Unless the times changes and/or the flight number changes, I don't recall getting notifications on aircraft changes.

When I saw the title of the thread, I was expecting the OP to be complaining about day of departure aircraft changes. There is the well-known issue in PHX, where US ends up downgrading at least one flight in each bank from a 321 to a 320 (apparently due to a shortage of 321s or overscheduling of 321s)
Old Aug 23, 2015, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Thanks for the feedback. I guess it would be unusual for a notification solely about equipment changes. I was thinking more that it would've been trigged by the seat changes. I do commend the system for moving me from my most desired 321 seat to the 320 equivalent. I should also add that they did the same for a friend in the same PNR.

That's much better than the time DL changed from one 757 to one with a different layout and I was handed my new boarding pass when I scanned my mobile one. I discovered that I'd gone from a window to a middle seat from SFO to ATL. (They did this very recently to a friend from ATL to LAX). I understand the day of departure issues can't generally be helped, of course, but they can be frustrating.

The good news is that we were both upgraded on the initial 320 segment but haven't been (yet) on the 321 that follows. I was actually expecting the opposite, so this is great, as the 320 segment is the majority of the journey. I'm presuming they are repainting the 321s right now as I've noticed many typical 321 flights are being flown by the 320 (or even the 319 or the CR9!). I was surprised to fly on a legacy US 321 from ATL to CLT last week, as all of the other 321s lately have had the new logo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.