Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

US 2117 (DCA-LGA) Cancelled Due to ATC Delays on 4/24 But Not Seeing Delays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: It's Complicated...

Ok, I am looking for a reality check here. This flight was cancelled causing me to overnight at DCA. Of course the US folks at DCA claim that since it was ATC that I am due nothing and it was not even done with a smile. I take a look at the FAA site and various flight tracking sites and I see this flight as cancelled but no other delays for flights due in when my flight was due in.

So, was it really "ATC" or is this just US BS?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:46 pm

US site also says ATC. Where was the airplane coming from? Lots of severe weather down south and high winds up north earlier.

Last edited by GalleyWench; Apr 24, 2015 at 10:54 pm
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:53 pm

Looking at flights earlier in the afternoon and evening I see 2-3 hour delays and cancellations too from US and DL.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: It's Complicated...
Good question on where the plan was coming from. I didn't get that info but if I had to guess the problem was somewhere else affecting this aircrafts schedule and not ATC in NYC.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:30 am

Shuttles usually bounce back and forth all day so it could be that since they were delayed so much earlier in the day that they never caught up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.