Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US, CO, Marriott
Keeping it Classy on the New American.

My first flight on AA since the merger.

Ex DFW, classy boarding procedure:

Classy First Class fellow passengers:

Other than that, uneventful. Nice not to hear the CC spiel, mints pre landing also nice......

It is a strange new world......

Z
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Feet on the bulkhead isn't anything new. I see it almost every flight on US. A few weeks ago the guy had his feet up there during boarding.... With his shoes off. He put his shoes in the overhead. I wish I was making this up.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Yep, feet on the bulkhead is a common occurrence across airlines (not just AA/US). I am curious about the megaphone though. I've been through DFW 150 times (per my flight memory) and never once saw a megaphone. My initial thought was that the renovation may be affecting power/speakers, but the DFW airport site says that the gate renovations in progress right now are in A, B, and E and the OP's gate was clearly in C.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Did anybody potentially think that the PA system in that gate area wasn't working and the agent needed to use the bullhorn? Would you rather them just shout and not be heard?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by milesandmoremiles
Did anybody potentially think that the PA system in that gate area wasn't working and the agent needed to use the bullhorn? Would you rather them just shout and not be heard?
Agreed. Surely if the PA was working, she would have used it.

FT has a bit of an obsession with anything related to feet. Some think shoes on the bulkhead is worse than socks or bare feet, some say socks or bare feet is worse. Personally, I don't care one bit. The guy has every right to make himself comfortable.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 6:41 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
I wonder if the new AA is going to issue megaphones to all the Terminal F'ed gates at PHL that have PA systems that mostly/sometimes/never work, especially in the high F hammerhead?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 7:18 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by will2288
FT has a bit of an obsession with anything related to feet. Some think shoes on the bulkhead is worse than socks or bare feet, some say socks or bare feet is worse. Personally, I don't care one bit. The guy has every right to make himself comfortable.
Making one's self comfortable is fine within reason. But putting feet up on the wall, with or without shoes, is just bad form. Can I prop my feet up onto your coffee table next time you invite me over?

I've seen F/A's skip over these kinds of passengers during food service. Nothing like taking a passive aggressive approach, right? By the time the pax realizes their neighbor has been served and not them, they often get what's left and not the first choice.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Eh, the feet thing you can get on any airline in the Americas. You US folks are in for some serious changes. This woman only shows the bullhorn, but wait unti you see the electric cattle prods. We know what rapid boarding is all about at AA!
Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:39 am

Idk why people get so worked up about the feet on the bulkhead in this instance. On the 319 the thing is so darn close that if I'm in row 1 and I have my knee angle at90 degrees my toes are still touching it (I'm 6'2", which is tall but not crazily so). I don't really find it comfortable to put my feet up there but as a matter of pragmatism people have to do what they have to do. It's not like in our culture there is any formal stigma associated with feet pointing, cleanliness, etc. The shame should be more with US for calling that an F product. Every time I get "upgraded" to row 1 I end up wondering why on earth I didn't just stick with my coach exit row seat.

Now, bare feet being wiggled between the seats in front of you and onto the armrests between the pax...well, now that's a different story.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:26 am

The business suited feet on the wall does sort of surprise me but having sat in those seats, I can understand the temptation. (I resisted)

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Now, bare feet being wiggled between the seats in front of you and onto the armrests between the pax...well, now that's a different story.
I finally witnessed this for myself last month. A teen girl sitting across the aisle from me took off her shoes and stuck her bare feet on the arm rest of the seats in front of her. My husband said "if she was behind me, I would have poked her with my fork."

I was expecting her parents to tell her to put her feet down (dad was behind her, mom was catty corner across the aisle) but then I heard her mother (sitting on the aisle) tell her college age sister (sitting by the window) to climb over her so mom didn't need to shift her legs over to allow the daughter to get in and out of the seat to use the lav.

I could not believe it when I saw her standing on the armrests, walking over her mother. (I was right behind them)
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Idk why people get so worked up about the feet on the bulkhead in this instance. On the 319 the thing is so darn close that if I'm in row 1 and I have my knee angle at90 degrees my toes are still touching it (I'm 6'2", which is tall but not crazily so). I don't really find it comfortable to put my feet up there but as a matter of pragmatism people have to do what they have to do. It's not like in our culture there is any formal stigma associated with feet pointing, cleanliness, etc. The shame should be more with US for calling that an F product. Every time I get "upgraded" to row 1 I end up wondering why on earth I didn't just stick with my coach exit row seat.

If shoes are on I don't have much of a problem. My problem came when the guy next to me had his feet up there with his shoes off (which he put in the overhead bin) and everyone had to walk by and smell his stinky feet. The worst thing about it was that it was about a 40 minute flight. Had it been a 5 hour flight I could understand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.