Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US: 2 emergency landings in 1 night, none hurt

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2014, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
US: 2 emergency landings in 1 night, none hurt

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - A US Airways flight from New York safely made an emergency landing Saturday evening at its destination in Charlotte after oxygen masks deployed in the final minutes amid indications of a pressurization issue, a spokesman said, adding one of its regional flights also made a safe emergency landing in Charlotte soon afterward.

US Airways spokesman Matt Miller told The Associated Press by telephone that none of the 146 passengers and five crew aboard US Airways flight 745 from LaGuardia airport in New York was hurt. He said the crew of the Airbus A320 was already below cruising altitude and "well into" its descent into Charlotte Douglas International Airport when the issue arose before 7 p.m. Saturday.
ARTICLE: http://www.8newsnow.com/story/267640...ight-none-hurt
Old Oct 12, 2014, 12:12 pm
Suspended

Scary but glad that nobody was hurt!
Old Oct 12, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: LH, DL/NW, US, HHon, SPG
Should I believe US Airwways Matt Miller or FlightAware?
Miller said the crew of the Airbus A320 was already below cruising altitude and "well into" its descent into Charlotte Douglas International Airport when the issue arose before 7 p.m. Saturday.

FlightAware says the US745 was over central Virginia at 5:59 when it began a descent from 32,000 to 10,000 feet over the next 7 minutes. It then flew another 37 minutes before landing at CLT.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/A.../KCLT/tracklog
Old Oct 12, 2014, 3:20 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by SeoulMan
Should I believe US Airwways Matt Miller or FlightAware?
No reason both can't be right - by southern VA the altitude on the arrival is FL200 or 14K feet depending on the arrival being used. Continuing to 100K feet would be normal so crew and passengers can take masks off.

Jim
Old Oct 12, 2014, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
Continuing to 100K feet would be normal
Would that be a US-liveried NF-104A?

( welcome back)
Old Oct 12, 2014, 5:44 pm

Programs: None
I left myself wide open for that one...can I claim it's 10K + 0K = 100K???

Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.