Wiki Posts
Search

Strange Seat Assignment Shift

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2014, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, SkyMiles Dirt
Strange Seat Assignment Shift

Very odd situation with a seat assigment today. When I booked, I chose 5A. Checked in online yesterday at T-24, printed my boarding pass (why does EWR still not have mobile BPs...) with seat 5A.

Logged on to the website to see if any seats opened up in FC, and my seat is now 23E....

I called US, and they say, no there is no record of you ever having 5A, your seat is 23E.

I told her that I had a boarding pass with 5A, and she said that's not possible.

Will be interesting to see what happens when I board with 5A on my BP.

Here's hoping the upgrade will clear and I won't have to worry about it...
Old Aug 29, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by plon
Very odd situation with a seat assigment today. When I booked, I chose 5A. Checked in online yesterday at T-24, printed my boarding pass (why does EWR still not have mobile BPs...) with seat 5A.

Logged on to the website to see if any seats opened up in FC, and my seat is now 23E....

I called US, and they say, no there is no record of you ever having 5A, your seat is 23E.

I told her that I had a boarding pass with 5A, and she said that's not possible.

Will be interesting to see what happens when I board with 5A on my BP.

Here's hoping the upgrade will clear and I won't have to worry about it...

Hope everything works out for you in it! One lesson that should be taken away here for people is that even if a company (airline or other) tells you they have no history of something, that doesn't mean what they say is gospel and you should take them at their word. Corporate computer systems aren't as robust as many think and plenty of information/data falls through gaps all the time.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP
Are you on an A321, where seat 5A is a bulkhead window? If so, that seat is designated for handicap pax. Could be that someone with special needs required it and you got bumped. This can happen with the bulkhead "A" seats in each cabin.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ACA321
Are you on an A321, where seat 5A is a bulkhead window? If so, that seat is designated for handicap pax. Could be that someone with special needs required it and you got bumped. This can happen with the bulkhead "A" seats in each cabin.
No, its a A320, so one row behind the bulkhead seat.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
What was the result?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:11 am
Original Poster

According to the agent, it was an aircraft change, but it was an A320 when I booked, and an A320 when I boarded. I assume US only has one variant of the 320?

I ended up getting moved to 5C instead because the Check in Agent said "we can't have you sitting all the way in 23"

So still don't know for sure what the reason was...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.