Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US schedule change notices stink

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2014, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

US schedule change notices stink

Why is it that US airways can send out emails advising a schedule change on flights but not show your original flight information? Is this easily provided information not disclosed for a reason? I am thankful for award wallet that shows a red strike line through original flight times and then revised changes right below. It is so sad it takes a third party vendor to do what is right.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
You should be happy to get a flight change email from US, because this isn't happening since long time... ;-)
Old Apr 4, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: None
I suspect that there's some IT people not flying as much as many FF's thrown in for good measure. If they only travel a few times a year they probably don't consider that many of you have to look to see how you're routed or even where you're going next week or the week after.

Jim
Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
You should be happy to get a flight change email from US, because this isn't happening since long time... ;-)
No kidding. Three out of four flights, one at a time over several weeks, changed on our upcoming trip to Europe and not one notice from US. As mentioned in another thread all I got out of a US CSR was along the lines of "It's broke and we can't seem to get it fixed".
Old Apr 6, 2014, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Randyk47
No kidding. Three out of four flights, one at a time over several weeks, changed on our upcoming trip to Europe and not one notice from US. As mentioned in another thread all I got out of a US CSR was along the lines of "It's broke and we can't seem to get it fixed".
Zero for my last four schedule changes, including one where my 5PM flight got completely nixed. Couldn't even see what flights I had been auto-rebooked onto on usairways.com (which turned out to be a double connection with two three-hour layovers, leaving at noon that day instead of 5PM -- apparently the system was hell-bent on keeping my original PHX-SFO segment, regardless of how and when it got me to PHX). If I didn't regularly check my reservations, I can only imagine what would have happened showing up at the airport on the day of...
Old Apr 7, 2014, 6:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
Zero for my last four schedule changes, including one where my 5PM flight got completely nixed. Couldn't even see what flights I had been auto-rebooked onto on usairways.com (which turned out to be a double connection with two three-hour layovers, leaving at noon that day instead of 5PM -- apparently the system was hell-bent on keeping my original PHX-SFO segment, regardless of how and when it got me to PHX). If I didn't regularly check my reservations, I can only imagine what would have happened showing up at the airport on the day of...
The system does seem hell-bent on maintaining the same route. The last change for us was the last leg of our return flight CLT>SAT. US moved up the departure time of that flight and it technically broke the connection time requirement between an arriving international flight and a connecting domestic flight. I just happened to catch the change during one of my periodic checks of our reservations and I could have simply just hit the "Accept" button but decided to call US. The CSR immediately said "You can't book that connection" but couldn't explain how the system would do it itself. The only solution was to change us from FCO>CLT>SAT to FCO>PHL>SAT. Still just two flights to get home but we're now arriving about an hour or so later. Should add that it took an additional 15 minutes to get the new routing approved as we'd booked Envoy, now Business, and US has subsequently raised, actually doubled, the fare since we booked in January. That was beyond the CSR's approval level so she needed a supervisor's approval to override the fare difference. The CSR initially said something about "it might cost you more" but before I could say a word she corrected herself saying "we made the change so that's on us".
Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
The schedule change algorithms are circa 1965. That's the basic problem. Think about it...if you had a limited IT budget, wouldn't you put it where it was revenue-enhancing? That's the airline mentality: schedule changes are not revenue-producing activities...so no IT money is spent on them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.