Community
Wiki Posts
Search

40,000 US Airways Miles... ex_SAN advice or suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2013, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, American, Marriott, UA MP, Skymiles, Hyatt, HiltonHonors, SPG
us aIr credit card advice or suggestions?

The US AIRWAYS credit card has left me with 50K miles -
Message truncated

Last edited by sydneysandiego; Aug 5, 2016 at 12:47 am Reason: Brevity
Old Nov 28, 2013, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
That's the laziest OP I've ever seen. Make it readable, please.

But it does seem you're trying to go SAN-AUA. You may be better served with more options after the merger. AA has more flights to AUA than US, I believe. US charges a booking fee on all awards, $35 for flights to the Caribbean, so that will contribute to slightly higher taxes/fees than other mileage programs.

Last edited by dukerau; Nov 28, 2013 at 8:36 pm
Old Nov 29, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: None
Since you didn't specify I'll assume coach is OK.

For 1 person, about anywhere but TLV is reachable IF you fly only US and can snag a low or off-peak award - at least for now. The choice is a little more limited if you want travel for 2 people.

Someone mentioned the options that merging with AA might open up. I suspect that awards on AA flights will be available shortly after the first of the year but there's definitely uncertainty about the details - is the 5,000 miles off for using the US cc good for award travel on AA, what if anything will happen to US or AA's award chart with the merger, etc.

For summer/fall of 2014, it's almost certain that *A travel is gone but that OW travel is available, so that will affect the options available to you. Likewise the partner award chart will most likely have some changes from the current *A chart.

Give it a couple of months and maybe post-merger availability and price (in miles) will be clearer.

Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.