Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

400 miles short of CP...will fly on end date...will those miles count?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2012, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman, Delta Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold

I am currently on a business trip in Hawaii and coming up to the end of my trial preferred 90 days. I am currently Platinum and only 400 miles short of Chairman Preferred. My trial end date is December 4 and I will be flying back to mainland US on December 4 at 11:50pm from Honolulu so that is obviously more than 400 miles. Will those miles count and will I attain my goal of Chairman Preferred? I don't see why it wouldn't count since I will take off on Dec 4 (10 minutes prior to Dec 5 local time) but would appreciate confirmation either way.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 4:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Screamin03
I am currently on a business trip in Hawaii and coming up to the end of my trial preferred 90 days. I am currently Platinum and only 400 miles short of Chairman Preferred. My trial end date is December 4 and I will be flying back to mainland US on December 4 at 11:50pm from Honolulu so that is obviously more than 400 miles. Will those miles count and will I attain my goal of Chairman Preferred? I don't see why it wouldn't count since I will take off on Dec 4 (10 minutes prior to Dec 5 local time) but would appreciate confirmation either way.
Mileage credit is based on the actual scheduled departure time of your flight in whatever timezone, whether it's 2350 in Hawaii on Dec 4 or 2350 anywhere else on that day.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 6:29 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
It should, but best to call DM after the miles post just to be sure there's no funny business going on.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Originally Posted by thomwithanh
It should, but best to call DM after the miles post just to be sure there's no funny business going on.
+1. My gut and experience says you're fine, but save your receipts, boarding passes, and gum wrappers :-) to prove to US that you took that flight on the 4th. US has been known to screw up far less-complicated IT tasks.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman, Delta Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
I appreciate the assurance. I will update if things don't go as planned.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

I received credit for the flight which got me Chairmen Preferred status. Just in time!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA Plat, DL Silver, SW A-List, Emerald Club Exec

Congrats Screamin!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.