Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MR on US Airways this October

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2012, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GLD, A3 GLD, TK GLD, UA SIL, HILTON DIA, HYATT DIA, IHG PA, MR GLD, ACCOR PLT, SPG GLD
Lightbulb MR on US Airways this October

Hi! I just designed a route for my very first time mileage run, in order to crash the A3 *G. So this is the route I designed: BOS-PHX-JFK-CLT-SJU(DES)-CLT-JFK-PHX-PHL-BOS,13K miles. The price of the trip on ITA is 762USD, with a CPM of 0.589. Is there anyway I can do this MR better? By lowering the price or extending the total mileages. Thx in advance!

(If you can't see it, please click the link below)
http://www.gcmap.com/map?P=BOS-PHX-j...X=720x360&PM=*

BTW, is 34 mins enough for me to transfer from one US flight to another one in PHL? I don't need to leave the terminal and do a security check for that right?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 6:12 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by pjf66
Is 34 mins enough for me to transfer from one US flight to another one in PHL? I don't need to leave the terminal and do a security check for that right?
As long as your flight from PHX is on time and your flight to BOS isn't an express flight leaving out of the F gates, you should be fine.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 6:26 am

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
I think UA still has that EWR-IST $500ish RT sale going on. That's around 11k miles at roughly $.049 a mile...Just credit the flight to yoru DM account

Go Gators
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
If you have a passport ready, I noticed this one in the MR forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...t-4-8c-mi.html

I've been trying to get decent fares from PHX, but no luck yet

But ~$420 for BOS/JFK/EWR-DUB is decent. The lowest I'm finding from PHX is ~$720.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GLD, A3 GLD, TK GLD, UA SIL, HILTON DIA, HYATT DIA, IHG PA, MR GLD, ACCOR PLT, SPG GLD
Originally Posted by aztimm
If you have a passport ready, I noticed this one in the MR forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...t-4-8c-mi.html

I've been trying to get decent fares from PHX, but no luck yet

But ~$420 for BOS/JFK/EWR-DUB is decent. The lowest I'm finding from PHX is ~$720.
Sadly this fare is not working for OCT13~16...the only 4 day vaca time i have got... But thanks so much for posting.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
5.8cpm is not a MR. I do leisure runs on US at below 3.8cpm.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 9:34 am
formerly RZachSmith

Originally Posted by burlax
5.8cpm is not a MR. I do leisure runs on US at below 3.8cpm.
Well, you not might MR it, but if the OP is just doing this routing (or really any routing) for the miles, then I'm pretty sure it meets the definition of a MR. It's all in the eye of the beholder.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:07 am
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
Originally Posted by RZachSmith
Well, you not might MR it, but if the OP is just doing this routing (or really any routing) for the miles, then I'm pretty sure it meets the definition of a MR. It's all in the eye of the beholder.
If OP is after MRs, then he should probably fly UA and credit miles to US. Compared to UA & AA, US seldom offers throwaway fares conducive to mrunning. Most of my work-related flights on US were at about 10cpm. If I do MRs / LRs on US, I don't buy anything over 4cpm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.