Search

GSO gate pass?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2005, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat
GSO gate pass?

Hey all -

I'm doing a segment run this weekend that leaves me with a 3 hour layover in GSO on Sunday afternoon. I was hoping to meet up with a friend who lives there.

My questions:

1) Is it possible for my friend to get a gate pass to come see me? I've done some searching on FT and seen some conflicting answers on whether you need a better reason than "to see a friend" to get one. My friend is a poor grad student, so the buying a fully refundable fare thing won't really work.

2) If the gate pass thing doesn't work, is there anywhere in GSO we can hang out outside of security? How long would I need to plan for to get back through security on a Sunday afternoon at GSO?

Thanks in advance for help and info!
Old Sep 6, 2005, 9:40 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
1) Buy the fully refundable ticket for your friend. You'll probably never even see the +/- on your credit card unless your statement closes on the day you purchase the ticket.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 6:42 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
There is a food court in the center section outside of security. You could meet there. The whole airport is pretty small. I have only been through GSO once. Security took about 5 minutes on a Friday afternoon. I have no idea how long it will take on Sunday.

--Jon
Old Sep 7, 2005, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Never waited more than 5 minutes at GSO security...there is a small food court to the left of the AA counters, but there isn't much there...still, it's better than anything past security (only real place to hang out past security is the Club...I'm not sure if you're a member or not...)
Old Sep 7, 2005, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by mersk862
Never waited more than 5 minutes at GSO security...there is a small food court to the left of the AA counters, but there isn't much there...still, it's better than anything past security (only real place to hang out past security is the Club...I'm not sure if you're a member or not...)
Alas, not a club member. This is probably the one time that it would apply to me

Thanks for the info, though - I feel pretty confident about going landside to meet up with him, given the relatively quick times y'all have described.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 4:37 pm

Location: Greensboro, NC (US Air CP = Compassionate Proctology, Hilton Diamond)
Avoid the Food Court

Tiny food court in GSO. I suggest you have your friend drive you off site to one of the bars on West Market.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 7:39 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
I second PersonalCareChemist's suggestion to go offsite. Food court both before and after security was pretty poor. If nothing else, the Marriott is only 5 minutes away and they have an okay bar.

--Jon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.