Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways Dividend Miles (Pre-2005 America West merger)
Reload this Page >

Anyone experience Nightmare with US Air New International Customer Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone experience Nightmare with US Air New International Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2005, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by LAX1K to AmWest
First I am surprised, did not know every outsourced company had the same problems as the one I work for. Customer sat goes way down... One thing HP is good at is not OUTSOURCING its customer service. That is one thing I do enjoy when speaking to HP customer service or HP Platinum line. I know that philosophy will also go to the new US Airways, but they have to weed themselves off the outsource contracts first
So my understanding is that Parker will in time have all new US/HP phone centers US-based?

What are the current status of which centers are outsourced? I have never encountered one as a SP 9/04-10/05, CP the past month or even as a US nothing prior to 9/04. UA on the other hand is a different story.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 10:06 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Can Also File Federal US DOT Complaint

I would not hold your breath waiting for consumer affairs to do anything, especially about a complaint like this one. I predict you will get some form letter response talking about cost cutting.

You can also file any kind of airline service complaint with the US Department Of Transportation. Details can be found at:
http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov
or by calling (recording) at:
(202) 366-2220

I don't think DOT is going to require any airline not to off shore, but one interesting thing about DOT complaints is that a relatively few number of complaints can put an airline in a different place in DOT's monthly rankings. Frankly not too many consumers file DOT complaints, even though it is not hard to do.

Basically DOT enters your complaint in a database, and supposedly if there is a pattern of certain issues, they will investigate further. One of the complaint categories DOT now has is frequent flyer related.

But if say 25-75 people filed a complaint about the off shore call center for one airline, that relatively small number could hypothetically put said airline in last place in the consumer complaints category. However, these days, I don't know that the airlines really care what place they are in in DOT's monthly consumer report. Historically JetBlue and Southwest do very well in the consumer complaints category. JetBlue largely uses work at home res agents and I don't believe they use off shore call centers.

If you are concerned about off shore call centers, perhaps some cinergies could be reached between some kind of pax advocacy group and the CWA who represents the res agents. Surely the CWA would be against outsourcing work on foreign shores.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.