Wiki Posts
Search

Flying on the last day of the old USAirways

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2005, 6:39 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by KevAZ
Boy, not sure where you live, but this hasn't been my experience over the past 12 yrs of living in Fountain Hills. We have plenty of neighbors that split time between homes in Europe and FH. My wife and I moved here from Amsterdam and know quite a few people that came from Europe.

I think my wife has your weekend in Europe beat, back in 1989 she flew to FRA to have breakfast and return to PHX. Actually she did me a favor as the company I was working for needed a personal courier to hand carry a part from Garrett Aviation to FRA. I was working in Europe at the time, so met her there in FRA, had breakfast then she flew off to PHX while I headed off to SYD.
Having lived 20 years in the East Valley that's not my experience either. The greater Phoenix area has considerable culture and sophistication -- it's very different from the east coast, but to characterize it as a "s**t-kicker" cowboy town is ludicrous. I happen to believe that people see what they're looking to see.

As for the quick turnaround trips, I've got your wife beat, KevAZ! I once flew from Phoenix to LA to Seoul, met with someone airside for just less than an hour, signed a contract and got back on the same NW plane (same seat, in fact!) and came home. When the immigration officer in LA asked me when I left the US, I said, "yesterday." Every inch of my bags (not to mention me!) was inspected by customs. It was a loooong day!
Old Sep 15, 2005, 11:00 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
Attache is a far more appropriate reflection of the airline HP seems to trying to create. US Airways Magazine sounds like some two bit rag you find on the grocery store shelves.

Absolutely. Attache is classy and cultured. At the same time, "America West Magazine," IMO, is a pretty decent name; makes me think of a magazine that is about the "American West." But "US Airways Magazine," I dunno, for some reason it doesn't really flow to me.
Old Sep 18, 2005, 7:17 am

Par for the course...

[QUOTE=iahphx]The info in the WaPost story is only partially accurate. /QUOTE]

That doesn't surprise me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.