Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Move to CP Promotion # 6689: Problems Registering?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2005, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Move to CP Promotion # 6689: Problems Registering?

From my June e-statement: Not sure if it is targeted or not. Well, the link is not working and the 800 number does not recognize the offer number 6689. Great quality control US!

TAKE THE FAST ROUTE TO THE HIGHEST LEVEL - CHAIRMAN'S PREFERRED

Because your business is important to us, we've made it easier for you to move up to Chairman's Preferred status. When you fly 18,000 Preferred Miles or 18 Preferred Segments July 1 through October 31, 2005 you will be awarded with our highest membership level in Dividend Miles, with exclusive benefits such as access to our Personal Liaison staff and top upgrade priority.

Click the button below to register now:

If the button above does not work in your e-mail click here or call 800-872-4738 and enter bonus #6689.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 12:12 pm

Programs: US Air G (was CP), Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by US @ DEN
From my June e-statement: Not sure if it is targeted or not. Well, the link is not working and the 800 number does not recognize the offer number 6689. Great quality control US!

Click the button below to register now:

If the button above does not work in your e-mail click here or call 800-872-4738 and enter bonus #6689.

I just called the 800 # and signed up over the phone via the key pad- no problems. Maybe try again...
Old Jun 17, 2005, 12:12 pm

Programs: AC*E
It's a targeted offer.

Terms and Conditions: Registration is required prior to departure to qualify. Retroactive credit will not be given prior to registration. Offer only valid for addressee. Only valid on qualifying, paid flights operated by US Airways, the US Airways Express carriers and US Airways Shuttle 7/1/2005-10/31/2005. Not valid on codeshare flights on partner airlines, such as United or Lufthansa. This offer cannot be combined with bonus-mile offers that count toward Preferred status. Dividend Miles, bonuses and benefits only apply to flights for which the member has chosen to earn Dividend Miles. All Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply. Visit usairways.com for complete details about Preferred membership.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
It worked for me.

Did anyone get targeted for Gold or Silver?
Old Jun 17, 2005, 12:43 pm

Programs: US Air G (was CP), Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Talking

Originally Posted by jasonar
It's a targeted offer.

Yeah, I'm currently gold and looking at my travel schedule I will definately hit it. Not a bad deal for me. I'm usually just pushing into gold. I won't complain being at the top of the upgrade Q.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
It's up

I was now able to register this afternoon.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 2:35 pm

Programs: US lowlife
Wow, I got this in my June statement... ^

Damnit, this is going to make me think how/if I can manage this. During that period I've got 8 500mi segments booked already, so trying to get another 10 segments versus another 14k miles may be the way to go.

Ideas? 2 one-stop trips plus a RT would easily do it if I can find the fares good enough.

-JC

Last edited by jcooke; Jun 17, 2005 at 2:49 pm
Old Jun 17, 2005, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA MARRIOTT Lifetime Plat Premier ; Marriott Vacation Club
Not so sure that it's targetted

My wife & I, who are both Gold, each receive this offer with our DM e-mail statement today. We both register on the phone without trouble.

I also register my son who is Silver. It accepts his registration as well.

Barry
Old Jun 17, 2005, 2:43 pm

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
Originally Posted by jcooke
Damnit, this is going to make me think...
Think about what? All the extra attitude and lost baggage you'll get at PHL? Or how many more BMTWCNLCHMWIDWs you'll get to enjoy?
Old Jun 17, 2005, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by markbach
Think about what? All the extra attitude and lost baggage you'll get at PHL? Or how many more BMTWCNLCHMWIDWs you'll get to enjoy?

This is great!!! I thought LuxCal's post was very funny. I know we all love acronyms and abbreviations; however, I can't believe that BMTWCNLCHMWIDWs is sticking!!!! ^ ^ ^
Old Jun 17, 2005, 2:55 pm

Programs: US lowlife
Originally Posted by markbach
lol...

I know I'd definitely use the T/A certs next year (this year was the only time I didnt get any) and the 100% mileage bonus is something I've gotten used to since back in December. So damn them for dangling the carrot.

-JC
Old Jun 17, 2005, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
How do you know if you're really registered? It took mine too, but just wondering if it is accurate...I mean, is it just taking everybodys?
Old Jun 17, 2005, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
Usually anybody can register through the phone line on any promo. The Question obviously is will you get the credit/points. The answer is probably not for a targeted promo like this....It's not like the good ole days when any promo # was good for anybody, targeted or not. That gaping loophole was closed after "Get Out The Miles"
Old Jun 17, 2005, 3:54 pm

I got one in my statement for a gold challenge. Tried clicking on the button, and the link. They didn't work. Just signed up using the phone. That worked.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 6:02 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
I didn't get an e-mail, but I just called the phone number and registered. It says my account is now registered.

Does that mean the promo works for me and will go through in the end?
If it didn't apply to me, would it tell me that or would the oh-so-modern IT system of US Airways deny it when I entered the code and tell me as such?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.