Wiki Posts
Search

United Award tickets confirmation

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2013, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

United Award tickets confirmation - another online glitch

Hi Everyone,

I had a question in regards to United Airlines ticket bookings using awards. Generally United Airlines lets customers reserve an award booking for two days before they can transfer their points to confirm the booking.

However for some reason the website let me make a confirmed awards booking one week back and the booking is still active.

Just wanted to get your feedback on this?

Last edited by ac001; Oct 11, 2013 at 11:53 pm Reason: More information
Old Oct 11, 2013, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Just called their reservation team and there seems to be a "glitch" in their system letting customers make a confirmed awards booking without the points
Old Oct 12, 2013, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Not sure how it happend earlier, but the glitch still seems to be there. Logged in to the milage account - tried to book an award flight and a normal flight at same time using two different browser tabs (reached up to credit card page for both bookings), refreshed award flight page and then refreshed normal flight page - got the option to confrim booking on normal flight page with award points - any feedback??

Last edited by ac001; Oct 12, 2013 at 6:10 am Reason: to make the post more clear
Old Oct 14, 2013, 9:13 am

bump. I have seen this glitch too just last night. Awaiting confirmation as well. Hopes are slim on this redemption but United really needs to get their act together on their website. Too many glitches month after month
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ac001
Not sure how it happend earlier, but the glitch still seems to be there. Logged in to the milage account - tried to book an award flight and a normal flight at same time using two different browser tabs (reached up to credit card page for both bookings), refreshed award flight page and then refreshed normal flight page - got the option to confrim booking on normal flight page with award points - any feedback??
lol...you're a bit late to the party that started on this one last Saturday...the now huge thread already exists....as far as we know, nobody has been ticketed as a result of this glitch which doesn't seem to be going away soon.

Originally Posted by ac001
Just called their reservation team and there seems to be a "glitch" in their system letting customers make a confirmed awards booking without the points
You might want to keep this tidbit of information away from the previously mentioned thread...though not exactly the same situation, in general, folks on FT generally get pretty upset when you break the cardinal rule of glitches and mistake fares (do not call).

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 14, 2013 at 10:57 am Reason: merge
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:56 am

PDXPremier - would you mind copying the link to the thread here? A huge group of us are in the same boat. You said it's been over a week without eticket receipt?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mokane
PDXPremier - would you mind copying the link to the thread here? A huge group of us are in the same boat. You said it's been over a week without eticket receipt?
I hope he doesn't. What is there, should stay there.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by aacharya
I hope he doesn't. What is there, should stay there.
Found it regardless, but thank you for your help!
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mokane
Found it regardless, but thank you for your help!
Not sure if you were sarcastic - but as you can see in that thread, there's a lot of folks unhappy with folks gaming the system. Figure there's no benefit linking that glitch with this thread - as your intent was different.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 12:57 pm

Subject to receipt of government approval

Looking to book an award in F that says underneath "subject to receipt of government approval."

Anyone experience this or any problems with it?
Old Jan 5, 2014, 1:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by michaelpowell44
Looking to book an award in F that says underneath "subject to receipt of government approval."

Anyone experience this or any problems with it?
Does the flight(s) operate today or is it a routing that is pending final regulatory approval?

If so, likely just a final bureaucratic step, or it would not be on the schedule. But there is always a chance of a problem.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 1:32 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
If it's an ANA award, this may help: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...oking-ana.html
Old Jan 5, 2014, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Does the flight(s) operate today or is it a routing that is pending final regulatory approval?

If so, likely just a final bureaucratic step, or it would not be on the schedule. But there is always a chance of a problem.
I have searched to the best of my ability. Can't tell with 100% certainty but I believe so.
Looking to go hnd-fra on nh December 14'.
Want an nh f seat ex nrt to c2 and this is the only route is see.

Any thoughts considering?

Looks like 3/30 will be the launch date.

Last edited by michaelpowell44; Jan 6, 2014 at 3:26 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.