Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Is there any way to search for UA award travel from a specific airport/date?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2013, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Is there any way to search for award travel from a specific airport for a particular date? I know when I can take a few days off but don't have a specific destination in mind - I'll go where ever looks the most interesting.

Thanks
Old May 13, 2013, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Not in 'one-stop' shopping (pun intended).
Old May 13, 2013, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
hub airport? non hub airport? international? domestic? coach? business? first?

etc...
Old May 14, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by zeusmt
Is there any way to search for award travel from a specific airport for a particular date? I know when I can take a few days off but don't have a specific destination in mind - I'll go where ever looks the most interesting.

Thanks
The question you're asking is you want to see a list of destinations available for a given date and airport, e.g.
I'd like to fly from STL to somewhere on July 4 for 3 days?

This is not available, but it would be a nice service. Maybe you can suggest this to United.

In the meantime, why not play around a bit manually. You surely have a few ideas of where you want to go. One other tip, is that if you're looking close-in, you may find good availability for first class on some partners as opposed to saver on UA.
Old May 14, 2013, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by astroflyer
The question you're asking is you want to see a list of destinations available for a given date and airport, e.g.
I'd like to fly from STL to somewhere on July 4 for 3 days?

This is not available, but it would be a nice service. Maybe you can suggest this to United.
Not quite accurate. Google Flights does this.
Old May 14, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by aacharya
Not quite accurate. Google Flights does this.
Also not quite accurate. I don't believe Google Flights does it for Award Travel. I could be wrong, though, and would love to be as this would be a nice thing to have.
Old May 14, 2013, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DawgmanOH
Also not quite accurate. I don't believe Google Flights does it for Award Travel. I could be wrong, though, and would love to be as this would be a nice thing to have.
Darn. My apologies. I missed that in the thread title.
Old May 14, 2013, 8:01 pm

Finding an award seat from here to anywhere

Finding an award seat from here to anywhere

"Ever find yourself thinking about a trip and not really caring about where you’re going, so long as you can get somewhere across the ocean? Me, too. Of course, finding that seat is often an iterative process, figuring out what routes to check and plugging them all in to your favorite award search engine, hoping to get back a hit. I figured there was probably a better way and, leveraging the data I’ve been compiling about what non-stop routes are available across the Atlantic, I’ve managed to put something together which I think is a pretty cool award alert option. In short, you pick one of the 60 Star Alliance TATL gateways and a date and it will search all the options for you."

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...e-to-anywhere/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.