Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2013, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to confirm what my colleagues have been sharing already - Tito's will indeed be the vodka of choice on all United flights, starting in May. Look out for more publicity and announcements in the coming weeks, as we deploy the product more widely across our system.

Speaking about what prompted the transition ... many spirits are no longer being produced in mini bottles by the relevant manufacturers/airline industry distributors, and right now mini bottles are still the most effective way for us to provision spirits for our customers. Unfortunately, this has led us to discontinue a couple items – Kahlua and Glenlivet – that have no obvious replacement. To be sure, we still see value in these beverages – single-match scotch especially – and over the next few months we intend to look hard at how we can maintain a diverse and unique beverage offering...

... [E]ven though Tito's will start to be provisioned widely starting May 1, we're still going to draw down the inventory of Absolut minis over the next few weeks. So if you're a big fan of Tito's, remember to ask for it by name .

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager – Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Print Wikipost

New onboard Vodka - Tito's

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2013, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
New onboard Vodka - Tito's

Looks like as of May 1, United will be provisioning Tito's in its onboard liquor kits. I am assuming this will be instead of Absolut.

I'm not much of a vodka drinker, but I enjoy Tito's and it seems to be well-regarded. Interestingly, it's a corn-based liquor, so it's also gluten-free.

Thoughts?

http://titosvodka.com/
Old Apr 27, 2013, 9:19 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by EWR764
Looks like as of May 1, United will be provisioning Tito's in its onboard liquor kits. I am assuming this will be instead of Absolut.

I'm not much of a vodka drinker, but I enjoy Tito's and it seems to be well-regarded. Interestingly, it's a corn-based liquor, so it's also gluten-free.

Thoughts?

http://titosvodka.com/
On another note, the new Red wine in economy is Ripple (served on all flights except TLV where they are now serving MAD DOG
Old Apr 27, 2013, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I'll admit, the first time I saw a bottle of Tito's I thought it was from the ranks of Banker's Club or Popov, but it has garnered an almost cultlike following and scores of really good reviews.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
IIRC, Tito's is also a "made in USA" vodka, so UA may be jumping on that bandwagon. If it's comparable quality, this works for me.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 9:39 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bosman
IIRC, Tito's is also a "made in USA" vodka, so UA may be jumping on that bandwagon. ....
Tito’s Handmade Vodka is produced in Austin at Texas’ first and oldest legal distillery.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 9:42 pm

Absolut and Kahlua are being removed.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Excellent! I lived in Austin for a while, so I know Tito's and it is my mid-range vodka of choice.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 10:40 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
This is drinkable vodka, but I expect its some texas connection that got it. But what really upsets me is that UA keeps doing something about the white spririts while serving dewers, which is a joke, and jack and beem both of which are rot gut.

I assume whomever is making decisions likes white spirits, but the Scotch/Bourbon, beer, and wine are bad jokes.

I do enjoy the woodford reserve that DL gives me.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 11:08 pm

Programs: RVT 1K
This is a nice change Tito's is really good...at least its my Vodka of choice these days.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by spin88
This is drinkable vodka, but I expect its some texas connection that got it. But what really upsets me is that UA keeps doing something about the white spririts while serving dewers, which is a joke, and jack and beem both of which are rot gut.

I assume whomever is making decisions likes white spirits, but the Scotch/Bourbon, beer, and wine are bad jokes.

I do enjoy the woodford reserve that DL gives me.
If it was a Texas thing, they would have kept Mr. Pibb/Dr. Pepper.

I still miss Nestea from CO...
Old Apr 27, 2013, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
as long as they keep the Sapphire Gin, that would be OK.

Wish they'd get the Glenlivet back though. even cheapskate AC serves Glenlivet 12 in the MLL's.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by entropy
as long as they keep the Sapphire Gin, that would be OK.

Wish they'd get the Glenlivet back though. even cheapskate AC serves Glenlivet 12 in the MLL's.
Talisker 57 would make everything right.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 12:02 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
...and Kahlua are being removed.
Wow-this really stinks. UA never seems to provision enough Baileys, and Kahula has always been my fall back &coffee libation. Bad bad bad.

SunLover
Old Apr 28, 2013, 1:07 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA GS
This is a change I really like! No complaints about Jack Daniels, but if only we could have Makers Mark I would have a drink dilemma.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 1:09 am

I love people claiming they have been drinking titos forever. Husband and wife got divorced. One kept the name, the other kept the recipe. It isnt even the same vodka youve apparently loved forever. Educate yourselves instead of simply loving something austin related. The stuff is crap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.