Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Lounge at DXB for Global First?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by agoldstein
I was directed to the LH Senator Lounge... While emptier and more quiet, I thought the food/bev selection was not as good as the Marhaba lounge.
Thank you!

So you didn't try for the Gulf Air first class lounge?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 6:56 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by mdobbins
Since I will be travelling DXB-IAD on UA GF I would also like to know if these questions were answered. (chinatraderjmr? agoldstein?)

There's also a First Class lounge associated with the hotel in the airport; is that worth checking out?
I have never flown UA out of DXB. mostly EK w a few LH & LX flights thrown in. I do know that w LH & LX if your in FULL F & ask for a lounge that is not as busy as the Senator or Marhaba lounges, they will walk you to the Gulf Air lounge ( but you have to ask). I am reasonably sure LH/LX pays Gulf Air for this service so would be very surprised if UA would shell out the Dhs20 for one of their customers. I was told by the Gulf Air staff that they make their lounge avail to LH/ LX because the lounge is usually very quiet at this time of night.

But hay - it never hurts to ask. I don't know of any hotel run lounges at DXB but its been a while since I've been in side T-1 so I guess new lounges may have opened. There are a few pay per use lounges but you may be better off going to the Irish Village and waiting there. It's better then the Marhaba lounge even though its really just a bar
Old Mar 21, 2013, 7:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Thanks for the complete and thoughtful response - greatly appreciate it!

The First Class lounge in the airport I referred to is discussed here and is listed here.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Anyone flown out of DXB in global first recently? I will be doing so in a week and would love to know what to expect, or if the Gulf Air lounge would be available.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM
Current GFL options at DXB?

Originally Posted by Hendo5698
Anyone flown out of DXB in global first recently? I will be doing so in a week and would love to know what to expect, or if the Gulf Air lounge would be available.
I'll second this question. I will have some time to kill in DXB next week between an EK flight from Saudi and 977. Never been impressed with the Senator lounge, but the Gulf Air seems more like a real FCL. Any tricks to get into there? I'm in full paid GF.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 7:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
I was just in the senator lounge with a business class ticket last week. The lounge agent first told me i was not allowed in the lounge. Then she said my UA status was expired? I had the 2015 card? Next she told me to wait for a supervisor, that would not be back for 10 min.
I pointed out the check in agent had put the Senator lounge on my boarding pass.
Anyhow they were idiots. I just walked into the lounge and told her figure it out while i enjoy myself or call security.
UGH! The lounge is small and crowded but with one UA flight a day, that flight will only last as long as USA is at war in the middle east, what else do we expect. (govt contractors must fly US carriers)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.