Wiki Posts
Search

Where's UA CEO Jeff Smisek?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier Executive, AmericanAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by DCEsquire
This was a poor question. He is a very smart man. That said, many smart men have driven organizations into the ground. In my industry this is but one.

http://www.adamsmithesq.com/2012/03/dewey-1909/

Princeton/ Harvard makes it more likely you will get the job, but won't think outside the box - just my view. I would have better confidence if he was Stanford!
Why is it a poor question? He has a degree from a top university in a field that is unrelated to working with people, employees, management, aviation, or customers. Just because he went to the school he did does not give him the qualifications to run an airline. I guess we will see how United is doing a year from now. Some people are great at school, but preform poorly in real life.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:08 am

Programs: CO Platinum HH Diamond VIP Hertz 5 Star Gold Avis First Preferred
Originally Posted by TWATWA
Why is it a poor question? He has a degree from a top university in a field that is unrelated to working with people, employees, management, aviation, or customers. Just because he went to the school he did does not give him the qualifications to run an airline. I guess we will see how United is doing a year from now. Some people are great at school, but preform poorly in real life.
Book smart versus street smart.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, BonVoy Lifetime Titanium
I invite Jeff to post here

https://www.facebook.com/UnitedRip
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: UA, AA
I can't believe he still has a job with United. Tilton was a dream compared to this manager. It is sad to see how he can keep his job and provide such poor guidance. Does he even have a degree?
The company is financially stable and making money under Smizek, it wasn't under Tilton. That could be a possible explanation as to why he still has a job.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by PSU Mudder
The company is financially stable and making money under Smizek, it wasn't under Tilton. That could be a possible explanation as to why he still has a job.
Today's joke?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 2:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PSU Mudder
I can't believe he still has a job with United. Tilton was a dream compared to this manager. It is sad to see how he can keep his job and provide such poor guidance. Does he even have a degree?
Tilton cleaned up the place to put up for sale. SMI/J has benefited from that . his mark (a skidmark) will be evident over the next 1-2 years

By then he'll have been showered by a golden parachute and gone.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Tilton cleaned up the place to put up for sale. SMI/J has benefited from that . his mark (a skidmark) will be evident over the next 1-2 years

By then he'll have been showered by a golden parachute and gone.
Since its Chicago where SMI/J is, maybe you can hire Ken "the Hawk" Harrelson, announcer from the White Sox...to say..."He Gone..." or "grab some bench"
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Where is he?

Looking down, letting us eat cake
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:35 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
"The king is in his counting house counting all his money,,," because I am sure he is not out there looking for my missing miles
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gene2632
"The king is in his counting house counting all his money,,," because I am sure he is not out there looking for my missing miles
The ones he purposely shaved until we caught him redhanded? Or the ones he flat out lost during conversion?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA-1P
Top 10 Rumors about where Jeff Smisek is.

10: Filling out a job application at Home Depot, just in case this CEO thing doesn't work out.

9: He's been on hold with United customer support for 167 hours now.

8: He's making plans to merge United with Dyson vacuum cleaners, so he'll be at company where it's OK if your product sucks.

7: He's busy buying stock in all the airlines that his elites are switching to.

6: He's re-branding failure as "Success Premier Scrap Iron".

5: He's refilling the gerbil food dispensers in the RCCs with Valium.

4: The SHARES system accidentally downgraded him from CEO to baggage handler and nobody knows how to fix it.

3: He went blind from looking at the new United website and can't find his way to work.

2: The security guards at his office building IDBd him.

1: He has been traded to the New York Jets.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA, DL UA (.5MM)
Originally Posted by Sockgap
Top 10 Rumors about where Jeff Smisek is.

10: Filling out a job application at Home Depot, just in case this CEO thing doesn't work out.

9: He's been on hold with United customer support for 167 hours now.

8: He's making plans to merge United with Dyson vacuum cleaners, so he'll be at company where it's OK if your product sucks.

7: He's busy buying stock in all the airlines that his elites are switching to.

6: He's re-branding failure as "Success Premier Scrap Iron".

5: He's refilling the gerbil food dispensers in the RCCs with Valium.

4: The SHARES system accidentally downgraded him from CEO to baggage handler and nobody knows how to fix it.

3: He went blind from looking at the new United website and can't find his way to work.

2: The security guards at his office building IDBd him.

1: He has been traded to the New York Jets.
Wow!
Letterman (more specifically his writers) couldn't have done better! I wonder if coach Ryan will find him to be a true team player?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Sockgap
My FAVORITE!!! Made me chuckle
Old Mar 21, 2012, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former Co Plat, current Premier Platinum, former US CP
Wink Sockgap's Top Ten List No. 1

"1) He's been traded to the New York Jets.". Defense or offense, Sockgap? (I'm guessing offense. He hasn't seemed to want to defend anything he's done to date!)
Old Mar 21, 2012, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Avis First
They don't need him anymore now that Tebow is the option!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.