Search

UA950 IAD-BRU diverted back to IAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2009, 8:42 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

UA950 IAD-BRU diverted back to IAD

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/U...214Z/KIAD/KIAD

Wow... made it all the way to Halifax before turning back. 3 hour, 10 minute scenic tour of Nova Scotia I guess.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA/MAR
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11))

yup. I was on the flight. Generator failure. they're putting people up for the night and sending us out at 7pm tomorrow. Apparently there's nothing that will get us to Brussels faster. Hooray for no AM flights across the Atlantic.

The whole thing was handled very professionally, except for the whole no other way to get you there thing.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 9, 2009 at 10:49 am Reason: language
Old Mar 8, 2009, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by livitup
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11))

yup. I was on the flight. Generator failure. they're putting people up for the night and sending us out at 7pm tomorrow. Apparently there's nothing that will get us to Brussels faster. Hooray for no AM flights across the Atlantic.

The whole thing was handled very professionally, except for the whole effing no other way to get you there thing.
No, AM flights across the Atlantic?
UA922 10am IAD to LHR gets you into London, obviously too late for the last Eurostar to BRU so effectively you are probably better off waiting until 7pm and getting into BRU the following morning.
Pity Concorde no longer flies across the Atlantic in 3 hours!
Old Mar 8, 2009, 9:29 pm

Hmf. OK perhaps I should curse time zones rather than airline schedules. Still I don't get waiting until 7PM tomorrow to get us out of here. wouldn't it make sense to fix the plane and leave tomorrow morning? they're running an extra flight tomorrow fo us... you would think it could leave before then.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 9:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
So they are making a special 7 PM IAD-BRU which is really tonights IAD-BRU flight?

I wonder if they will process is as a seperate flight
Old Mar 8, 2009, 10:23 pm

Yup, 2 flghts tomorrow. I could standby for the regular 6PM but my upgrade would be gonzo. There will be a second IAD BRU tomorrow, and they said it will be the same setup as this flight, same seats and everything. I guess this also means tomorrow's 951 will be delayed until our replacement plane gets there.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 9:57 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Benny8444
So they are making a special 7 PM IAD-BRU which is really tonights IAD-BRU flight?
I wonder what UA will do with the extra plane in BRU? Duplicate flights on the return to IAD as well?
Old Mar 9, 2009, 10:23 am

Good question. I assumed they would do two returns, but I just checked and 951 is cancelled for today. I dunno where the extra plane will go. I ended up rebooking on today's "real" 950, so I'm leaving at 6PM instead of 7.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by livitup

Yup, 2 flghts tomorrow. I could standby for the regular 6PM but my upgrade would be gonzo. There will be a second IAD BRU tomorrow, and they said it will be the same setup as this flight, same seats and everything. I guess this also means tomorrow's 951 will be delayed until our replacement plane gets there.
Have seen 2 flights listed before. The "might" still try to accommodate everybody onto one flight at the end - depending on the load, or run a larger plane, e.g. the 777 instead of the 763.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 11:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by cesco.g
or run a larger plane, e.g. the 777 instead of the 763.
IAD-BRU is already a 777 (at least it was two weeks ago).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.