Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "ualsurvey.com" Discussion Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "ualsurvey.com" Discussion Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2006, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA plus
Exclamation Consolidated "ualsurvey.com" Discussion Thread [Merged]

Found this on the 1K Site, couldn't find another post and don't know how long its been out there. The prize isn't all that great, but I like the chance to praise (or not) the crews without any go-between with those paper surveys. The approach is definitely preferred given I saw the FA and some friends completing the surveys themselves on a recent UAX flight

Our survey could be the first leg of your journey.

As a 1K®, you fly United® on a regular basis. Because you are such a loyal customer, we’d really appreciative your opinion on our service. So now through the end of December, we are extending you this exclusive opportunity.

Simply fill out our customer satisfaction survey, within three days of completing a United flight for two chances to win our 100,000 Mile Sweepstakes. You can complete a survey after every flight for two more chances to win! Make sure to keep your boarding pass; it has your ticket number that’s required for the survey.

Visit united.com to complete the survey within three days of your flight and to read the official rules.

Be sure to bookmark this page, so you can complete a survey every time you fly United.

Through December 31, 2006, you will receive two entries for every completed survey. The survey will continue to be available online after that day, and each completed survey will then be valid for one only entry in our sweepstakes.

Where will those 100,000 redeemable miles take you? Good luck!
Old Sep 30, 2006, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I would if I could, I tried ;-) But thanks for posting it.

When it asked me to enter the flight number of my first flight which I did, I got:

Your request cannot be completed. The following error message was returned:

Required parameter: "surveyid" not specified: PathInfo=, Referer=http://www.pearsonsurveys.com/ss/wsb.dll, RemoteAddr=70.134.49.6, Method=GET, UserAgent=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7, ContentFields=, Query=

For questions regarding the survey you were attempting to complete, please contact the system administrator.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 4:45 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
That form's all messed up.. my MP starts with 03 and has 11 digits in it, it is NOT letting me do it unless the MP starts with 00 or has only 9 digits.

And my 016 has 10 digits after 016, but the form won't let me type in more than seven digits!
Old Sep 30, 2006, 9:44 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
What a bunch of idiots.
The MileagePlus number must be 9 digits, or 11 digits starting with "00".
I suspect some idiot in UA gave the requirement to the outsourced survey company.

Whois info for www.ualsurvey.com

Domain Name: UALSURVEY.COM
Registrar: SCHLUND+PARTNER AG
Whois Server: whois.schlund.info
Referral URL: http://registrar.schlund.info
Name Server: NS52.1AND1.COM
Name Server: NS51.1AND1.COM
EPP Status: ok
Updated Date: 27-Sep-2006
Creation Date: 14-Feb-2006
Expiration Date: 14-Feb-2008
The survey was done by www.PearsonNCS.com
And they cannot even spell "travel"
The Trave start date is required
It uses the term "Associate Mileage Plus" for "Premier Associate"

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Sep 30, 2006 at 10:11 pm
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:30 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
I reported all these errors to an executive in UA. Let me know if anyone finds more.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K,SPG Plat,
It's still not fixed, so I'm wondering if they don't realize that our not being able to fill out the survey sort of looks like a big old "we don't really care about your opinion".

I'm thinking that they should have stuck with SurveyMonkey or something like that.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I just filled out the form and submiited the survey. It seemed to work fine. Ticket number (016) and M+ number (00XX) were accepted.

I got the following message after submission:

Thank you for taking the time to complete this questionnaire! The information you provided will help us ensure we are meeting your needs.

Your responses have been successfully recorded and you now have an entry for the 100,000 miles sweepstakes.

We sincerely appreciate your support!
Old Oct 11, 2006, 8:09 pm

Programs: 10-year UA 1K and 2 MM, then AA EXP, now BA Silver; next stop, Kayak
I don't work for United, but this is from a reliable source:

United Begins Testing New Customer Survey Program to Replace Marketrak

United began testing on Oct. 1 an online customer survey program - called CustomerTrack - to replace our current paper-based survey program, Marketrak, and improve the quality and timeliness of our customer satisfaction data.

* With CustomerTrack, customers can provide feedback on their United experience via the Internet, versus the paper survey currently administered by flight attendants.

* The new program already shows incredible potential for improved customer data to United and a better survey experience for customers.

* All customers are invited via their boarding passes to take the survey, significantly increasing the pool of responses compared to Marketrak's selective polling (1 percent of domestic customers and 7 percent of our international customers).

* The CustomerTrack survey takes less than one- fourth the time to complete than Marketrak, making it more appealing for customers to participate.

* It also enables United to get customer satisfaction data faster, in real time (getting data through Marketrack sometimes takes more than a month).

* With the new program, United employees will have the opportunity to view, track and search customer experience information via an on-line program, similar to SSD.

* Improved survey questions enable greater insight into the customer experience and better problem- solving for company stakeholders.

* United will continue to run the paper-based survey during testing of the online program. CustomerTrack will launch companywide Jan. 1, 2007.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 7:25 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Yeah, I want to do it but what a mess!

Another problem:

If your flight has more than one segment, it asks you to pick which one you want to rate. It goes through the questions but then never goes back and let you pick the NEXT segment. I didnt try starting all over again and selecting the 2nd segment... weird...

Agreed about the ticket #. I just typed in as many digits as I could fit, and it took it but who knows if it even does any validation at that point. I doubt it.

I don't intend to use it again until they fix it. Otherwise I would like to have a way to give them feedback!
Old Oct 12, 2006, 8:28 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dmodemd
If your flight has more than one segment, it asks you to pick which one you want to rate.
And it will only let you pick one of them. I was on a LH code share followed by a genuine UA flight, and it would only let me rate the code share flight.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 8:33 am

Programs: UA 2P, Nat'l Executive
Nowhere for general comments either. Just rate their categories.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 8:33 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Just to confirm that I, a 1P, also was asked to complete the survey (I noticed the url printed on my boarding cards from the kiosk). Same frustration with the ticket number field only accepting seven charaters, not 10. Luckily, my MP # prefix is 0007-, so did not encounter that bug. The three day response thing was annoying as well, as my flight was at 8 p.m. Friday night and I didn't arrive until 2 a.m. Sat morning (not accounting for time change in HNL). I tried to complete the survey Monday morning and it wouldn't accept Friday's date.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1MM
Www.ualsurvey.com

I just flew BWI-DEN-BWI today (yup, a little MR to kick-start the Denver promo) and on my BP found the invitation to "Give Feedback" at www.ualsurvey.com. I just did the survey, which would take only 1-2 minutes if the site worked well on OSX / Safari (it's Pearson surveys, so not the .bomb this time). You might win 100,000 RDMs for filling it out.

The downside is that the questions are so general that I wonder if the feedback is useful at all.

In fact, it's so pointless that no one else should do it at all...then I'll have a better chance at the 100K miles!
Old Oct 14, 2006, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Kind of sketchy they want the ticket number.

No thanks.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by ExCrew
Kind of sketchy they want the ticket number.

No thanks.
Yeah, I had this on my BPs today. Went to the site, saw ticket and MP #...forget it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.