Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "LAX Terminal 6-8 Connection of 45 Minuntes or Less" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "LAX Terminal 6-8 Connection of 45 Minuntes or Less" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2006, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
Exclamation Consolidated "LAX Terminal 6-8 Connection of 45 Minuntes or Less" Thread [Merged]

Just reviewed one of my bookings and it appears I didn't notice this :

United Airlines 1481
Las Vegas (LAS) 6:05 am
Los Angeles (LAX)7:05 am

United Airlines 885
Los Angeles (LAX) 7:44 am
San Francisco (SFO) 9:01 am

Is such a connection feasable or will (me) I end up on a later flight ?

UTA
Old Jan 13, 2006, 1:33 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
If all goes perfectly, you're ok.

But I'd be ready with a plan b.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 1:36 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I don't know at which gate the LAS flight arrives, but the SFO flight will leave out of terminal 7, making for a fast connection.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 1:42 am

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold, SPG Plat
- Flight 1481 usually arrives at Gate 71B at LAX
- Flight 885 usually departs at Gate 75B at LAX for SFO.

So, all in all you should be fine. Even if it is a gate change, it should still be in the same terminal (T7). But make sure you have an alternative if there are any delays for 1481 (which shouldn´t be the case since it´s the first departure out of Las Vegas that day).
Old Jan 13, 2006, 1:50 am

Programs: UA, HA, CO
39 minutes connection time at LAX? Not foolish at all!

I had a 27 minute "scheduled" connection time through LAX, which quickly dwindled to 15 minutes because of waiting for an available gate, and made it! On top of that, I had to go from 71B to 86! Doable, but have a backup plan ready.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 8:20 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM
have a backup plan

last month we made it from 68 (the end of 6) to 7 in ten mins (late arrival). as there were eight pax in the same panic, they held the door for five mins.

have a backup plan

oh. and have a backup plan
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:03 am

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
Contrary to the recent thread regarding 39 minutes in ORD to connect to a flight to NRT, the OP's situation is very different. I agree with others that you stand a good chance making the original connection.

As for backup, there are basically hourly flights LAX-SFO the rest of the day. Really no reason to be too worried, perhaps hook up with someone on the lounge calendar and enjoy a drink at the RCC?
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
I think you are just fine. Most likely you land/depart in the T7/8 and so that's not too hard. Just don't sit in the back of the plane and have your connecting BP handy. I've done T6-T8 in less time running.

If you are late though, be prepared to hustle a bit if you want to make the original connection.
Old Jan 14, 2006, 6:20 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
39 min connection means 29 minutes before the door to your departing aircraft closes (give or take a couple minutes) That's plenty of time to get where you need to go. Of course being late on arrival is a whole other can of worms.

Sitting closer to the front door on your LAS-LAX flight is good advice, you can lose valuable time being seated in the middle/rear of the plane.

Good luck!
Old Jan 14, 2006, 7:38 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Hopefully you're not checking any luggage. You making the flight and your luggage making it are two different things..especially if your inbound flight is a little late.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 1.3 MM, UA Plt, Marriott Lifetime Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Question 30 minutes at LAX

i am looking at booking UA 6179 from SAN to LAX on Mar 5 arriving at LAX at 5:43 and then taking UA 124 to ORD departing at 6:15. Is this doable or would I be better off taking UA 778 to SFO and then taking my first red-eye back to ORD?

Thanks for the advice.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 8:33 am

Programs: UA 2P, PassPlus Flex, LAX Customer of the Year for 2006, UAL Shareholder
It would be close. The UX flight from SAN deplanes at an outlying area and you will be bussed to Terminal 7. If you miss it your connection, you would have a 4 hour wait until the red-eye out of LAX.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Think about it this way: the 6:15 to ORD boards at 5:50-5:55. It is doable, but it will be tight. Any last minute problems on the SAN-LAX and you're stuck in LAX for at least 5 hours waiting for the LAX redeye.

Also, if you plan on checking bags...take that back, if you do this, DON'T check bags...

While you're on foot in LAX -- it's still a good hike from Gate 88 (usually where the SAN flights let you off) over to T7, or worse, T6 -- where the ORD flight will leave from.

Fortunately, So Cal weather is usually on your side.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andersjt
The UX flight from SAN deplanes at an outlying area and you will be bussed to Terminal 7.
Not any more...all UX drops off at T8. It's still a good 4-5 minute walk to T7, probably 6-8 minutes to T6.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 8:44 am

Programs: AA, DL, Bonvoy, WoH, HH
Just you know~
UA 6179 arrives around 5:25~5:35 @ LAX with 9/10 probability. :-:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.