Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lost Luggage Help please

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2005, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Question Lost Luggage Help please

So it finally happened to me, flying MCO-IAD-EWR yesterday. Flight from IAD-EWR at 12:40 was canceled and so were our bags.
After going to the RCC and surprise, not getting much help.
Our car was parked at EWR and we were asked if we could fly to another New York airport, I asked how do we get the car back? Take a cab she said, said I will you pay for it? No.
We were put on flt. 7965 which departed at 2:50

Washington, DC (IAD)
Mon, Jan 3
Scheduled: 2:50 PM
Actual: 3:45 PM
Reason: Schedule change due to Airport Operations
oops

What do you guys suggest? They have all 3 checked bags and a stroller. They claim I "may" have them today, but they routed them through ORD???????? and weather may delay them.

Here is the letter I sent to the 1K voice

Today I have flown my last Ted and United Express flights. The only
reason I may fly on a United mainline is because I have upgrades I want
to use before you go out of business!

I am so upset with the totally unprofessional attitude of every single
employee I encountered today. Checking in on Ted in Orlando was a joke.
The CI agent, who should be your first positive impression, couldn't
have cared less. My status meant nothing. From the moment I approached
the podium I felt alienated. I then was charged $25 for a bag 6 lb.
over and then when she put tags on my bag using my wife's name (a
general member) and I asked her to change it she refused saying it would
not matter. Boy was she wrong.
Here I sit still waiting for my bags to appear 14 hours later. We have
NO sleep clothes for our 11 month old baby or his stroller which is a
major inconvenience.

What do you guys think? Sorry for the ramble but boy am I pi**ed
Old Jan 4, 2005, 12:50 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

I know this does not help, but UA is having major baggage problems across the whole system and has been for the last 3 weeks.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K/MM, VA Gold, DL Gold
Well these things happen, but doesn't excuse unprofessional behaviour.

I have noticed that they are now enforcing the $25 overweight charge regardless of status (unless you are prepared to move things between bags - (I thought maybe the bag screeners behind the podium could do this )

A bit late now, but I ALWAYS take a few necessities in my carry-on. Its a good excuse to turn up to an important meeting in jeans and tennis shoes though.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
and after taking 24 hours to find my bags....I have been told that it will now take another 48 hours to deliver them. Do you think they are suggesting for me to drive to EWR to pick them up?
I do, I have now hung up the phone. Tough luck for me is what I have been told.
I am through with this POS airline.
They just tried to lie to me and say it was a weather delay
Old Jan 7, 2010, 2:51 pm

Programs: United Prem Exec
Unhappy Wife's suitcase has been lost for 5 days

My wife's main suitcase got lost 5 days ago in IAD and has not been found. We are seriously worried that it may have disappeared for good. Wife (who's a 1K) is pretty distressed .

UA spent three days aggressively lying to her (your bag has been found, your bag will be on the next flight, and on and on) before finally admitting that they have no idea where the bag is. Extremely unprofessional service and completely unacceptable.

We where on a FRA-IAD-ATL trip, cleared customs at IAD, and put our bags on the transfer belt. That was unfortunately the last we saw of one of the suitcases.

Does anyone have any advice what we should do?
Old Jan 7, 2010, 3:01 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
u2vox and I have experienced that recently (i think s/he's a 1K and I'm a 1P). See thread 'Lost bag - poor service trying to find it - not sure what to do next?'

Your experience is consistent with ours. 3 days of non-answers and then boilerplate.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:16 pm

Programs: United Prem Exec
Thank you very much! This other thread is very helpful.

Originally Posted by legionnaire
u2vox and I have experienced that recently (i think s/he's a 1K and I'm a 1P). See thread 'Lost bag - poor service trying to find it - not sure what to do next?'

Your experience is consistent with ours. 3 days of non-answers and then boilerplate.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 10:22 am

Programs: UA Global Services / Million Miler, Marriott Ambassador / Lifetime Titanium
Correct. Mr. u2vox (me) is a 1K, and the bag in question is Mrs. u2vox's who was traveling with me. 10 days and counting. I have to admit, most everyone I've spoke to has been nice/polite/apologetic, but no one has been able to instill confidence in me that anyone is actually doing anything to find these lost bags. Fingers crossed, and good luck to my fellow lost baggers...

Originally Posted by legionnaire

Old Jan 8, 2010, 10:37 am

Programs: SPG Platinum; VIA Privilege
Call

I had a similar experience a while ago. And it took me three days to get my bags back .Here is what I did:
I kept calling pretty much every 5-6 hours. But I called once around 11:00pm cst. The call went directly to an outsourced call center. I politely expressed my concern and asked to speak with a manager who has the authority to contact the lost baggage section in ORD. By this time, the staff at ORD was pretty much done with their regular duties and so they had time to figure my bag out and put it on the next flight back.
So, I suggest calling them at times when you think the UA crew is not too busy with their daily duties and may be they will able to help you out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.