Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

An enhancement to UA's "Flight summary" page?!?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond

I just went to check the status of a flight a relative of mine was on this morning, and I noticed something that, I believe, is new.

When you click on the "Flight status" tab on the homepage, you enter in the flight information as usual -- I wanted to see all LGA-ORD flights this morning -- but now, in easy-to-read bold type next to each flight's estimated departure and arrival times, it clearly says "On Time," "Early" or "Delayed," making it easy to read down the entire bank of flights and see what's going on.

Nice feature ^
Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Yes, that's new. And also sometimes if you search (for example) JFK-IAD, it'll show you all NYC area airport - IAD flights. Sometimes that's a good and bad thing, depending on the information you wanted and how quickly you wanted it.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Yes that is new... I noticed it for the first time ~2 weeks ago and I figured someone had already posted it! But I never saw a thread til now. It's a welcome change... however CO's is still way better.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
It's a welcome change... however CO's is still way better.
Why? To me it's more annoying, actually. If I plug in say "EWR-ORD," the next page has all the flights, but you have to click on each one individually in order to see its status. On UA, you can see all the flights at once, to see what the trend is in a glance.

Am I missing something?
Old Mar 10, 2011, 8:33 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by as219
Why? To me it's more annoying, actually. If I plug in say "EWR-ORD," the next page has all the flights, but you have to click on each one individually in order to see its status. On UA, you can see all the flights at once, to see what the trend is in a glance.

Am I missing something?

Agreed that UA is way better than CO when it comes to this. And nothing is more annoying that AA when you put in EWR-ORD and it shows you all the LGA/JFK flights as well. Now if we can just get the CO screens that show you the upgrade/standby list, seatmap, etc.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 9:56 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Seems like we lost functionality - can't even drill down to see the aircraft type anymore.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rch4u
Seems like we lost functionality - can't even drill down to see the aircraft type anymore.
Hmmm. The space is there to indicate aircraft type, but it's blank everywhere I look. Could be a glitch. Why have the field there if it's going to be blank?
Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by rch4u
Seems like only the CRJs are displayed
Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:35 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Noticed it when I was checking the status of my flights on 3/1 but I had to use http://mobile.united.com (slower on my ancient cell phone) vs http://ua.flightlookup.com/ as when I input the flight number, I get this (and yes, the info is all blank):

Flight Status

FLIGHT
Flight:
Date:

DEPARTURE
Airport: ()
Scheduled departure:
Reason:
Terminal:
Gate:

ARRIVAL
Airport: ()
Scheduled arrival:
Reason:
Terminal:
Gate:
Baggage claim:

IN FLIGHT
Expected total time enroute:
Meal:
Entertainment:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.