Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where's United's TWARE Special Fares?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2011, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hawaiian Platinum, Starwood Platinum, United 1K
Unhappy Where's United's TWARE Special Fares?

There hasn't been too many special deals posted on UA's website this year. What has posted seem to be recurring weekly, and new specials seem to be slim. If this is the prelude to the new Continental ownership, perhaps I invested into the wrong airline to be a premiere flyer. UA has always had some great specials in the past, especially internationally. Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 8, 2011 at 2:20 pm Reason: Retitled thread title for clarity and no SHOUTING please. :-)
Old Feb 8, 2011, 11:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by humu
UA has always had some great specials in the past, especially internationally. Has anyone else experienced this?
I can't say I've ever experienced the "great specials" of which you speak.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Are you talking about the TWARES that had been offered?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ed-thread.html
Old Feb 8, 2011, 11:47 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
They have pretty high capacity numbers (85% or so over all flights last year), so they probably don't see a need to offer or match anybody.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 11:47 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Are you talking about the TWARES that had been offered?
Since the OP mentions posting on the website, I was assuming more like e-fares or what they link to on the front page.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Twares

UA had $200 rt specials last year to/from Hawaii. They lasted about 2 hours. It would be nice if they could figure out a way to offer these first to their premiere frequent flyers via their website.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Since the OP mentions posting on the website, I was assuming more like e-fares or what they link to on the front page.
UA had $200 rt specials last year to/from Hawaii. They lasted about 2 hours. It would be nice if they could figure out a way to offer these first to their premiere frequent flyers via their website.
Sounds like it was the TWARE..

It would be nice if they could figure out a way to offer these first to their premiere frequent flyers via their website.
I think the way they offered them was fair. I took advantage of two TWARES to SYD.. Just need to subscribe to the UA twitter, or the TWARE thread on FT.. Everybody is equal..

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 8, 2011 at 12:03 pm Reason: merge
Old Feb 8, 2011, 11:53 am

It would be nice if they could figure out a way to offer these first to their premiere frequent flyers via their website.
That doesn't figure into the whole purpose of Twares.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Talking Signed up for Twitter

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Sounds like it was the TWARE..

I think the way they offered them was fair. I took advantage of two TWARES to SYD.. Just need to subscribe to the UA twitter, or the TWARE thread on FT.. Everybody is equal..
I just signed up for Twitter. Thanks for the suggestion. I was always reluctant to sign up for things like this in the past, but it seems like a safe site. I hope more Twares will come up this year. I got notified of the Hawaii fares through a friend.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just signed up for Twitter. Thanks for the suggestion. I was always reluctant to sign up for things like this in the past, but it seems like a safe site. I hope more Twares will come up this year. I got notified of the Hawaii fares through a friend.
I highly doubt you will see a TWARE. The last TWARE was offered on 10/22. Sorry.

When I suggested signing up for Twitter, I meant you could have signed up for it, as that would have let you get alerts when they posted TWARES..
Old Feb 8, 2011, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by cordelli
They have pretty high capacity numbers (85% or so over all flights last year), so they probably don't see a need to offer or match anybody.
That is pretty impressive if true. My experiences (mostly international to West Africa) have varied from over capacity to only about 50% full, so I wasn't sure how it looked across the line. Anyone have a link to industry averages on this for 2010?
Old Feb 8, 2011, 1:50 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cfield
That is pretty impressive if true. My experiences (mostly international to West Africa) have varied from over capacity to only about 50% full, so I wasn't sure how it looked across the line. Anyone have a link to industry averages on this for 2010?
try http://www.bts.gov/xml/air_traffic/s...CustomizeTable and look for passenger load factor (PLF)
Old Feb 8, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: United MP 1p, PC Ambassador, GP Platinum
Twares seem to have ended shortly after the merger closed. Its really too bad, they were great fun. I'll probably unsubscribe from United's twitter page if they don't have any new twares in the next month or so.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: All opinions/interpretations expressed here are my own and are not officially sanctioned by UA
Special fares will come back. They've told us in reservations that efares and twares are on hiatus right now because they are working on aligning them with special fares by CO and should be back within a month or so.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 2:36 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Originally Posted by cfield
I just make stuff up, it's much easier than actually looking it up in a table or anything the government provides.

For 2010, both domestic and international (international through September only), my random number generator shows

American - 82%
Delta - 84%
Continental - 84%
US Air - 83%
United - 85%
Jet Blue - 81%
Southwest - 79%

and for all US Carriers - 82%

All numbers rounded to the next integer.

http://www.bts.gov/ , click on Load Factor

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.