Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Updated Red Carpet Club and International First Class Lounge Access Rules for p.s.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updated Red Carpet Club and International First Class Lounge Access Rules for p.s.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2009, 11:45 am
Original Poster

When I was flying LAX-JFK last week, the check-in agent said they started a new policy 1 week prior that 1K's and UGS get access to the RCC on PS flights. Too bad I don't fly to JFK very often but it's nice when I do. I sure did like that row 9 on the 757 PS.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 16, 2009 at 5:59 pm Reason: clarified thread title
Old Nov 16, 2009, 11:53 am

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
Was she referring to the Red Carpet boarding line (which is open to GS, 1K, Business and International First class) vs. the actual Red Carpet Club?

Last edited by drummingcraig; Nov 16, 2009 at 11:56 am Reason: Changed phrasing after re-reading OP.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 11:54 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Excellent! I wonder if UA will publish these new benefits for p.s. passengers at some point so there are no confusions. So far, outside of normal access rules (RCC membership, non US *G, Int'l F/C), RCC access is available for:

p.s. First (IFC lounge also if available)
p.s. Business
UGS and 1K flying p.s. (regardless of class?)
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I didn't think PS business got RCC. only PS F
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Interesting. Any 1Ks traveling in p.s. C who can confirm/deny?
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:12 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by as219
Interesting. Any 1Ks traveling in p.s. C who can confirm/deny?
Or rather 1K's traveling in p.s. Y, that is the real news.

I'm on the LAX-JFK p.s. redeye tonight, but I'm already upgraded to C.
Originally Posted by rsherwoo
I sure did like that row 9 on the 757 PS.
Nah, it's all bout row 6, C & D!

Last edited by JonathanIT; Nov 16, 2009 at 12:21 pm Reason: added info
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
Or rather 1K's traveling in p.s. Y, that is the real news.
Right, that too...
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:17 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by entropy
I didn't think PS business got RCC. only PS F
I didn't think so either, but last week, I sponsored someone's upgrade to C on LAX-JFK and they were granted access into the LAX RCC based on having a p.s. C boarding pass. I chucked this off as a one-off mistake/exception...
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

She wasn't referring to the red carpet boarding line. And it was confirmed on the return trip. It's 1K and UGS in any boarding class or anyone in business class. This was confirmed on the return trip as well.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold
She wasn't referring to the red carpet boarding line. And it was confirmed on the return trip. It's 1K and UGS in any boarding class or anyone in business class. This was confirmed on the return trip as well.
This would bring P.S. in line with Delta, which grants SkyClub access to anyone in J/F on transcons out of JFK. Good on United ^
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:29 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I didn't think so either, but last week, I sponsored someone's upgrade to C on LAX-JFK and they were granted access into the LAX RCC based on having a p.s. C boarding pass. I chucked this off as a one-off mistake/exception...
We're in upgraded C on the LAX-JFK p.s. redeye tonight. I'm an RCC member, but I'm going to try an experiment: I will send my bf in first to try to get access to the RCC with his BP only (my BP would show RCC membership). I'll see if it works.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:37 pm

Programs: Fomerly UA 1K, now Gold... next year, who knows?
This is great news for me, if it is official policy for 2009 & 2010 as most of my travel is PS.

Also, presents me an choice as I just got the email today about my Elite Choice reward. Until I read this thread, I was leaning toward the two free RCC passes...

I have until Dec 16 to select so I'll wait and see if UA puts this policy on .bomb
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:37 pm

Programs: former {UA 1k // SPG Gold, HHonors Silver}, now starting up again
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
This had been mentioned a couple of weeks ago here, apparently its a recent change.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...only-2.html#21

That is for C/NC but this is the first news for 1k/GS.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
Thank you for clarifying...I didn't mean to come of as condescending. It just could've been a point of confusion, and I wouldn't put anything past a UA agent.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
Excellent news! Thanks for sharing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.