Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CO agent snapping pictures of NRT RCC food

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2009, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

CO agent snapping pictures of NRT RCC food

Today (10/22) at NRT RCC there's a Japanese CO agent taking pictures in the RCC, particularly the inari sushi (reads: tofu-wrapped rice) and other munchies. She had a CO badge and was accompanied by at least a couple RCC staffs.

Of course, this must have something to do with CO joining *A. But I was wondering between:

(a) CO's upgrading their munchies (hard to believe)
(b) CO's downgrading their offering to match UA's to prevent the flow of desperate UA*G
Old Oct 22, 2009, 7:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GRB051111
(b) CO's downgrading their offering to match UA's to prevent the flow of desperate UA*G
Any desperate UA *G would be smart enough to go straight to ANA lounges for food/bev offerings.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 7:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
Any desperate UA *G would be smart enough to go straight to ANA lounges for food/bev offerings.
Desperate? How about simply smart?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ripper3785
BTW, I've just noticed that CO doesn't have their own lounge in NRT

I don't usually trek all the way to the ANA's lounge although the food are indeed better because (1) I like RCC's shower, (2) RCC has windows and going further to gates 5x for ANA's lounge with windows is a bit much
Old Oct 22, 2009, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by GRB051111
BTW, I've just noticed that CO doesn't have their own lounge in NRT
Agree, shower in the RCC, collect your bag of goodies, then across the concourse to the ANA lounge for noodles and beer
Old Oct 22, 2009, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
And sake.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 8:58 pm

Programs: JL Diamond, CX MPC Silver, OW Emerald, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I don't understand why everyone rave about RCC's shower at NRT. To me, the shower at ANA lounge is much better and often less occupied. Sure the RCC shower amenity is better than ANA, but c'mon, is that really important?

When you are at NRT, there is no reason for you to be at RCC. The ANA lounge is so much nicer than RCC, period. Food, service, etc. The only demerit I could think of would be the distance from UA gates, but the last thing I want to do after a long flight is to sit and not move. Also, why not experience a perfect example of Japanese hospitality?

For instance, last Christmas, I flew LAX-NRT-TPE on UA. I visited the ANA lounge and inquired about seat assignment on one of my another itineraries on ANA. At that time, the concierge could not give me an answer, so I told her no problem. I then returned to my gate waiting for the UA flight to TPE, but few minutes later, the ANA concierge showed up at the gate looking for someone, when she spotted me, she came over and told me she has assigned a seat for me. That's what I call customer service!
Old Oct 22, 2009, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Agree, shower in the RCC, collect your bag of goodies, then across the concourse to the ANA lounge for noodles and beer
I agree, United's Narita RCC has practically nothing to eat, except for some snacks. Last time I was there it was cookies & cheese & crackers (and soy-joy bars if you were health-minded). Drink-wise they're awsome with their self-serve booze! But I like to head over to ANA's lounge for some Udon, then come back to United's RCC to rest and relax.

Has anybody gone up to the 1st Class section of Narita's RCC? Is there actual food there?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA
ANA lounge is really strict about guests. Did not manage to get in with my wife and our 3 year old. My wife decided to go shopping and I let the 3 year old roam the place
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by gijoe24jp
I don't understand why everyone rave about RCC's shower at NRT. To me, the shower at ANA lounge is much better and often less occupied. Sure the RCC shower amenity is better than ANA, but c'mon, is that really important?
Maybe RCC showers is crowded because everyone knows RCC provides better shower amenity than ANA. I mean for example you like better Hilton Crabtree & Evelyn shower amenities than Super8 Pantene shampoo conditioner 2 in 1 right ?

Originally Posted by gijoe24jp
When you are at NRT, there is no reason for you to be at RCC. The ANA lounge is so much nicer than RCC, period. Food, service, etc. The only demerit I could think of would be the distance from UA gates, but the last thing I want to do after a long flight is to sit and not move. Also, why not experience a perfect example of Japanese hospitality?
Yes there is, remember the NRT setting, when you get off UA flights, after you go thru security, RCC is right in front of the exit, so why not go in there to grab the H2O shower kit, and walk to the ANA lounge for food ? If you go straight to the ANA lounge, you still have to walk back as most UA flights depart close to the RCC, not unless you are connecting to NH flights.

The shower amenities in ANA lounge provide a poor example of Japanese hospitality. One word, cheap !

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Oct 22, 2009 at 10:38 pm
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:31 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
you like better Hilton Crabtree & Evelyn shower amenities than Super8 Pantene shampoo conditioner 2 in 1 right ?
No. I don't like anything that over-perfumed, and C&E is one of the worst. And other than scent, all shampoos are virtually identical.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
No. I don't like anything that over-perfumed, and C&E is one of the worst. And other than scent, all shampoos are virtually identical.
Maybe I should use Bliss from W for comparison then, although H2O is not as expensive as Bliss.

The C&E what UA used before NOMAD line is not that bad.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Maybe I should use Bliss from W for comparison then, although H2O is not as expensive as Bliss.
Shampoo is shampoo. It makes no difference. I don't buy designer toiletries for the same reason I don't buy designer clothes - all marketing, no substance, no difference.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Shampoo is shampoo. It makes no difference. I don't buy designer toiletries for the same reason I don't buy designer clothes - all marketing, no substance, no difference.
There are indeed quite a number of people care about toiletries, or it wouldn't have so many different threads about toiletries in the hotel forums.

If not, SQ doesn't always need to use top brands like Ferragamo or Bvlgari for their amenity kit, they could have use Neutrogena instead.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

One more reason to use NRT RCC showers: approach the shower counter with a companion of opposite sex, the receptionist will ask if you'd like one or two rooms without you even bother inquiring.

Don't ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.