Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Does flying on Air Canada get me UA EQMs?" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Does flying on Air Canada get me UA EQMs?" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2010, 3:51 pm

UA#, AC metal

flying SFO-YYZ on a T ticket.
per this page:
http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,1180,00.html
it looks like i get 100% eqm but no rdm? is this correct?

also,
how do I select seats? the itin shows up on my itin on dotbomb, but it says the seatmaps are not available.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 11, 2010 at 4:46 pm Reason: moved into existing thread
Old May 11, 2010, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by matti2d
flying SFO-YYZ on a T ticket.
per this page:
http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,1180,00.html
it looks like i get 100% eqm but no rdm? is this correct?
"T" is your United booking class. You need to figure out what Air Canada booking class this maps to, since that is what will determine whether you get any miles. I am not sure if there is an online resource for this info. If not, you could call AC to get it.

Assuming for the sake of argument that your Air Canada booking class is also T (or one of the zero-mile classes), then you earn NO eqm or rdm. If you get zero RDMs you would also get zero EQMs, although I can see why you would not think this to be the case given the design of the chart footnote.

also,
how do I select seats? the itin shows up on my itin on dotbomb, but it says the seatmaps are not available.
Since it's operated by AC you have to do one of two things:
1. Call UA and get your AC record locator, then try to do it on AC's website (which may or may not work)
2. Call AC directly and ask for seat assignments. If you're calling them anyway about the mileage question you could kill 2 birds with one call.
Old May 11, 2010, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
What DEQM promo was everyone talking about in the previous few posts?
Old May 11, 2010, 7:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by lax2010
Look at the date on the post.
Old May 11, 2010, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by lax2010
The one back in 2009
Old May 11, 2010, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by 323power
The one back in 2009
Yep. It's also of note that the rules for earning miles on AC have changed since the original 2009 question and answers.
Old May 11, 2010, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
And miles on the partners do not qualify for United Lifetime miles, huh? I'm trying to make 2MM.
Old May 11, 2010, 10:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by kevinsac
And miles on the partners do not qualify for United Lifetime miles, huh?
Correct.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 7:46 pm

Programs: American - Platinum Pro, Marriott - Platinum
United Mileage accrual for Air Canada flight Tango Fare

I'm considering to buy a one-way ticket on Air Canada from Washington DC to Calgary through Air Canada website. The fare type says "Tango", and I'm unable to find any info on the United mileage that the flight would accrue.

Any pointers are much appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 8:51 pm

Buy through another channel (eg expedia) & you can learn the underlying booking class, to look it up on the United earning table.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 9:05 pm

Programs: United 1K ; Marriott Titanium (Lifetime)
I'm sure you will be credit.

I flew a round-trip on "Tango" from BWI-YYZ and got credited. My flight spanned the new year (outbound on 12/31/2009 and returning on 1/3/2010). I got actual mileage for the December Flight (something like 366 miles) but got the 500 mile minimum on the return. I'm guessing the rules changed for2010.

It was a miserable, cold, cramped, propeller flight in the middle of winter in a driving snowstorm right after the TSA crackdown about bringing carry-on bags into the U.S. I EARNED those 866 precious Freq Flier miles!

Old Jun 29, 2010, 9:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Caution -- starting January 2010, Tango fares (E G K N P T) in North American earn zero miles, see Air Canada mileage earning on United.com althought it does say "All (MP) elites will receive a 500 mile minimum on all Air Canada flights "

May want to look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...e-ua-eqms.html (but some of the thread is 2009 and some in 2010)

and this may be better http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ac-2010-a.html

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 29, 2010 at 9:18 pm Reason: added link to other thread
Old Jun 29, 2010, 10:00 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by raj_cl
I'm considering to buy a one-way ticket on Air Canada from Washington DC to Calgary through Air Canada website. The fare type says "Tango", and I'm unable to find any info on the United mileage that the flight would accrue.

Any pointers are much appreciated, thanks in advance.
Tango class is for flights within Canada, Tango Plus is transborder and it earns 100% miles.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 11:08 pm

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sfo
Tango class is for flights within Canada, Tango Plus is transborder and it earns 100% miles.
I don't know what fare classes "Tango Plus" books into, but many, if not most, economy fares operated on AC metal between US and Canada no longer earn miles as of January. Check the UA website to make sure your fare basis qualifies if you need to earn the RDMs. My wife flew on some Tango or Tango Plus fare in January from YVR to SFO on AC and did not receive any credit, even after I applied for credit later.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 11:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
I flew Tango on a couple of DFW-YYZ flights a few years ago and earned 100% EQMs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.