Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Does flying on Air Canada get me UA EQMs?" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Does flying on Air Canada get me UA EQMs?" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2009, 6:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LAX
CA=Air China; CI=China Airlines!

LAX
Corrected that, meant to type Air China, but was way too early/late to be thinking straight.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 2:29 pm

Programs: United 1K, SPG Platinum, PC Gold
Great news, expecially for 1K's from Canada.

Another old news is that AC's flight now has wi-fi, good to kill time !
Old Dec 25, 2009, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by goldfishman
Well, that just made it a heck of a lot more likely I'll be flying AC next year.
me too. This has been a big reason that I've never flown AC transatlantically.
Old Dec 25, 2009, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.1MM | Marriott Lifetime Titanium | National EE
Sorry for the dunce question (I forget how *A works re:codeshares for mileage credit).

Would an AC-operated, UA-coded flight booked in T earn at 50% or 100%?
Old Dec 25, 2009, 8:43 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Excellent news.

Just wish it was prior to my whole family taking a ski vacation and travelling all the way from SIN-YLW on UA metal (apart from the YVR to YLW sector). If we had have been able to go AC from HKG, life would have been much easier.

Although, all the Canadians I've spokent to these past 2-weeks reckon the service on AC stinks.
Old Dec 25, 2009, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Wink

Originally Posted by eightblack
Excellent news.

Although, all the Canadians I've spokent to these past 2-weeks reckon the service on AC stinks.
And all the Americans think service on American carriers......' '
Old Dec 25, 2009, 11:43 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Excellent news! ^

Now just give UA Elites flying NH a few perks...
Old Dec 26, 2009, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride
Excellent news! ^

Now just give UA Elites flying NH a few perks...
I'll second that.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AC, VIPorter, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ivoryboi

*Effective January 1, 2010 Mileage Plus members will receive:
* Miles earned in Discount Economy M, U, H, V, Q, W, S, A, L, will earn 100% of the flight miles; K, N, G, P, E, T classes will earn 100% of the flight miles except on flights within North America
I, and others in this thread, had interpreted the above statement of the upcoming changes to mean that KNGPET (i.e. Tango) fares, which previously earned only 50% miles in Canada and 100% elsewhere, would now earn 50% in North America and 100% elsewhere, i.e. U.S. flights dropping from 100% to 50%. However, the website is now more specific and states that KNGPET now earn 0 miles in North America.

At least, as I said in a post above, most Canada-US fares start at the Tango Plus level and so will not be caught by this.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 11:24 am

The special treatment of Tango fares is annoying, because it's hard to be sure that you won't get stuck with a flight that earns 50% EQM (or 0% EQM?). You have to check and double-check. Now if it was 50% RDM but 100% EQM, that'd be different....
Old Jan 5, 2010, 8:59 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
By the way, my first flight in AC that would qualify for the bonus posted...without it.
We'll give it a few days as I know sometimes the EQM don't get added at the time of posting, but I'm not optimistic that Mileage Plus managed to get this in their systems correctly, since it also lacks the * next to the posting.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 10:40 pm

Now I remember the most challenging aspect of Air Canada: flying on a United/AC codeshare. If you buy a United ticket, operated on Air Canada metal, then (if I remember correctly) the fare codes use United fare codes, but the EQM/RDM rewards that accrue are based upon some conversion from United fare codes to Air Canada fare codes that I find totally inscrutable. Good luck figuring out with any certainty exactly how many miles you're going to get on a ticket in that kind of situation.

Or has it gotten better than I remembered?
Old Jan 6, 2010, 9:41 pm

This is good news .

I find how these bonus EQMs being decided confusing - eg Lufthansa transatlantic is ok abut not Swiss which i assumed was owned by LH.

And now AC is in the race and not just on transatlantics ??
Old Jan 25, 2010, 8:33 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Bump to ask: has anybody actually seen AC J bonus EQM/EQS post to their Mileage Plus account? It hasn't shown up yet, and I'm not in a very trusting mood with United these days.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 11:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat
This may be a fruitless cause... I'm booked in what UA believes to be "T" class codeshare operated by AC within North America.

Would I earn 0 RDM/EQM with MP?

If I switched to Aeroplan, would I earn at the AC T fare class level? http://www1.aeroplan.com/earn_miles/...tner=AirCanada

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.