N121UA - United's Star Alliance Livery 747-400

Subscribe
Quote: Until then, NW-registered airplanes retain the "NORTHWEST" callsign regardless of what livery they are wearing, and air traffic controllers, at least in the U.S., now call out "NORTHWEST 123 in Delta colors" as standard to avoid confusion.
Ahh, you can tell I don't fly enough to have heard this on Channel 9 yet. Thanks for the info.
Quote: Obviously it isn't, SQ *A livery planes actually has the SQ logo on the tail fin instead of the Star logo.
I was thinking about that, the new UA livery tail fin is quite nice, and would've been a good choice here too.
Saw it in SFO yesterday... Did not notice the engines from across 28 R/L, taxiing to 1R...
I was on this bird for PVG-SFO yesterday. I was walking down jetbridge and noticed the 'different' looks. I was not aware UA had a/c painted in Star Alliance color.
I flew this plane SYD-LAX, on the upper deck. it was my 500th flight. Very memorable.
Quote: I was on this bird for PVG-SFO yesterday. I was walking down jetbridge and noticed the 'different' looks. I was not aware UA had a/c painted in Star Alliance color.
As a rule, each *A airline has at least one AC painted in *A colors
I believe I flew this aircraft of SFO-SYD on 12/25.

Quote: I was on this bird for PVG-SFO yesterday. I was walking down jetbridge and noticed the 'different' looks. I was not aware UA had a/c painted in Star Alliance color.
UA has had Star Alliance painted aircraft for years. They had a 767 in that really cool livery that took a little of each airline's paint job.
Quote: I believe I flew this aircraft of SFO-SYD on 12/25.

UA has had Star Alliance painted aircraft for years. They had a 767 in that really cool livery that took a little of each airline's paint job.

Quote: As a rule, each *A airline has at least one AC painted in *A colors
Except for SQ, an airline who all too often has exceptions within the alliance.

Look at the tail on their Star Alliance livery, and look at the tail on all the others.

Quote:

I believe United is the only one of the airlines represented in these photos to have changed their livery since (twice, now). Am I right? I only ask because I was thinking that alliance livery format would be a serious pain to maintain if/when a given airline changes livery and/or airlines join or leave (or, in the case of Varig, disappears).

I wonder if these were considerations in the decision to change to the simpler version.
Quote: I believe United is the only one of the airlines represented in these photos to have changed their livery since (twice, now). Am I right?
You're wrong.

Thai and AC has a new livery (Thai's is pretty drastic; AC painted their planes a light 1970s toilet bowl light blue and refreshed the AC font a bit). Lufthansa is the same. Varig is...well...adeus. SAS has a small refresh (those colored slanted lines are gone).
This thread is NOT going to entertain legacy CO livery versus legacy UA livery discussion.

Thank you.

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United Mileage Plus Forum
I saw a UA plane in StarAlliance paint yesterday and I was wondering with the new livery, will they just remove the "tulip"? Or is there anything else that needs to go?
Quote: I saw a UA plane in StarAlliance paint yesterday and I was wondering with the new livery, will they just remove the "tulip"? Or is there anything else that needs to go?
paint the engines, re-do the UNITED to the new font.