Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone used 1st-air.com?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2001, 2:54 pm
jer
Original Poster

Location: My childhood was typical: Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons.
Anyone used 1st-air.com?

Howdy,

Not sure if this belongs here, but It's kind of United related so I'll take my chance.

Has anyone used 1st-air.com? Do they really deliver?

Most importantly, do I get miles on UA and/or star-alliance partners with a 1st air ticket? If so, the class of service bonus as well?

I am considering them to DEL this summer, and they have some very competitive fairs on both UA and SAS.

Thanks
Jer
Old May 2, 2001, 3:17 pm

You might want to do a search, this topic has been covered several times.

I use them, they are well priced and miles count as do any bonuses. The negatives are you need to be pretty flexible in airline and routings. They use every trick in the travel agent book but will save you hundreds of dollars for C or F travel.
Old May 2, 2001, 3:32 pm
Community Director Emerita

Hi jer,

There was a lengthy warning thread about 1st-air.com a couple months ago. People report that the tickets originate in Canada. Since the flyer originates in the States, the first and last coupon are thrown away without the knowledge of the traveler. When the airline identifies this, a significant added fare is collected.
www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum94/HTML/004207.htmlwww.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum94/HTML/003173.html
Old May 2, 2001, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA MP:1P for life, TG:Gold, CO:Gold
Interesting... I checked them out last night, based on a link I saw here in an FT forum. They advertise business and first, and make a point of not doing economy quotes. Fine. So I requested a fare quote from New York - Bangkok in business. They came back with a price that was a bit over US$3100. I know I could beat that by a wide margin on all *A, but I went ahead and requested an itinerary anyway. They emailed a link to an itinerary with AA, UA and TG, with the initial leg in econ! For US$3100+! My response? I asked them to remove my name from their records. EOS
Old May 2, 2001, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA MP:1P for life, TG:Gold, CO:Gold
I just checked my email again, and the 1st-air people ignored my request to remove my name from their records, but they did note my objection to the econ fare, and provided me with a first class flight out of Newark (UA 123) to LAX with a business connection on TG to BKK, for the same orginal fare of US$3192 which they represent as a $6 savings over the list price...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.