Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Questions Regarding UA's Type B DBCFREE Voucher [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions Regarding UA's Type B DBCFREE Voucher [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2010, 11:16 pm

Can a reservation that has been ticketed with a DBCFREE be refunded? If so, how would that work? Would UA issue another DBCFREE with the original dates?

If not, what are the options for making changes 14 days outside of the travel date. Is it still $100 assuming W, Q, or V are still available? Thanks for the help.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Plat
Does anyone know what is the current penalty for changing the city pairs? It is the standard $150 change fee? Thx.

nm. Mod moved my question to the appropriate thread and my ? was answered. Cheers.

Last edited by intrepid720; Jun 10, 2010 at 11:48 am Reason: moved to a more current thread from the archives
Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:18 am

Programs: UA, AE
DBC return leg

Does a DBC return leg need to be within one year of the ticket being issued, or one year from the date of departure?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 23, 2010 at 12:06 pm Reason: moved into existing thread
Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:25 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by rawilliam
Does a DBC return leg need to be within one year of the ticket being issued, or one year from the date of departure?
The big issue here is that you can only book flights a max of 330 days in advance. So you'll be limited to booking the return a max of 330 days from the ticketing date.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:33 am

You can change the date on DBC's pretty easily. How far they will let you push it, I do not know.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA 1.050MM, PersonalCar 0.275MM
My reasonable recent experiences that relate to recent posts:
  • Change fee is now the new standard $150 instead of the old $100, for changes to either O&D or routing. (I did find myself with a ticket where I redeemed the DBC FREE before the change from $100 to $150; when I changed that ticket later, the phone agent concurred after consultation with a supervisor that I could make that first change for $100 but subsequent changes would be $150. That seemed fair to me.)
  • You are supposed to complete travel within 365 days of the date of redemption of the DBC FREE voucher, i.e., issuance date of the original ticket. At the time that you redeem the DBC FREE voucher, however, you can only make a reservation including flights 330 days into the future due to that being how far out United publishes its schedule. My experience has been that they will let you change your reservation to make it farther out, but only another 35 days out. This has made a difference to the usability toward my travel.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA, AE
Originally Posted by pshuang
My reasonable recent experiences that relate to recent posts:
  • Change fee is now the new standard $150 instead of the old $100, for changes to either O&D or routing. (I did find myself with a ticket where I redeemed the DBC FREE before the change from $100 to $150; when I changed that ticket later, the phone agent concurred after consultation with a supervisor that I could make that first change for $100 but subsequent changes would be $150. That seemed fair to me.)
  • You are supposed to complete travel within 365 days of the date of redemption of the DBC FREE voucher, i.e., issuance date of the original ticket. At the time that you redeem the DBC FREE voucher, however, you can only make a reservation including flights 330 days into the future due to that being how far out United publishes its schedule. My experience has been that they will let you change your reservation to make it farther out, but only another 35 days out. This has made a difference to the usability toward my travel.
Thanks. That seems to ring true. Although, I thought that changes to the dates of DBCs were free.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by pshuang
but only another 35 days out. This has made a difference to the usability toward my travel.[/LIST]
well, ticket to be used within a year of issuance is standard no matter the type of ticket.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by chewy3
You can change the routing for $100 on DBC Free ticket, however, in this case it should be free since they changed the schedule.
Not sure you'd get a free change in routing because of a 10 minute change in schedule. Still a legal connection.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA *G
Just heard something interesting. I wanted to change an itin I had for July 3rd (14 days after I issued the ticket) to July 4th, possibly changing it back to the 3rd depending on my plans in Chicago. I was told I couldn't do it since changes have to happen 10 days in advance. New rule? Never heard about that one..
Old Jun 25, 2010, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by JBLUA320
Just heard something interesting. I wanted to change an itin I had for July 3rd (14 days after I issued the ticket) to July 4th, possibly changing it back to the 3rd depending on my plans in Chicago. I was told I couldn't do it since changes have to happen 10 days in advance. New rule? Never heard about that one..
I have been told about the 10 day advance by two agents as well. Please note that depending on an agent you can still get what you want!
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA *G
Will make some calls tmrw and keep y'all posted. I kind of want my itin to become upgradeable ;] hehe

-a
Old Aug 4, 2010, 7:45 am

Programs: UA 1K
getting mileage on DBFREE ticket

I got bumped (and compensated) while flying on a DBFREE ticket. I was booked in first on the rest of my trip, so I was thinking the new flight category (F) should get me mileage on my new routing. Its been 2 days and the itinerary has disappeared from reservation listings, and I received no mileage. Was I wrong in thinking I would get mileage on the rebooked flights
Old Aug 4, 2010, 7:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by easykristine
Was I wrong in thinking I would get mileage on the rebooked flights
IIRC, one of the UA employees here said something like... there is another field that needs to be changed to earn mileage.

IMhO, you already got F on a DBC and some compensation. Hoping for RDM/EQM is just plain greedy.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 7:53 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Sounds like the agent re-booked it correctly.

Sometimes in such situations, the agent does indeed re-book in such a way as to make the flight mileage-earning but ime it doesn't happen often and when it does it's a gift, but not something to count on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.