Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "My MileagePlus Account is Being Audited" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "My MileagePlus Account is Being Audited" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2008, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
I would call the MP service center...

Have you booked for family or friends? If so... explain that... be prepared to answer some questions related to the audit. Also, advise that you HAVE already booked on VX and are looking to book some future travel on UA, but are waiting for the audit to finish.
I booked a trip for my friend and used my miles to upgrade him...and he's also listed as my travel companion in my MP profile.

I just called MP and they gave me an address to write to:

United Airlines
Attn: WHQVM
P.O. Box 66100
Chicago, IL 6066

Not sure what WHQVM is...I guess I'll write them a letter and explain the stuff and trips. We'll see how that goes. Thanks
Old Oct 9, 2008, 1:59 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
But I dont think any customer will see such a step as taken here as reasonable and IMMEDIATELY shift his business to another airline.
Do you think other airlines will condone behavior of a passenger like pastorshawn . I suspect pastorshawn is not new on FT. pastorshawn’s first posting is quite similar to another recent thread from another FTer. Whose first post was almost the same as pastorshawn and later admitted s/he created a new handle to disguise his/her regular handle.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Do you think other airlines will condone behavior of a passenger like pastorshawn . I suspect pastorshawn is not new on FT. pastorshawn’s first posting is quite similar to another recent thread from another FTer. Whose first post was almost the same as pastorshawn and later admitted s/he created a new handle to disguise his/her regular handle.
I love these stories on FT. I think it's cool that UA actually audits the system and busts those trying to profit from the bene's. IMHO upgrades, particularly the SWU's are where the big marginal benefits are to 1k's (and conversely a big marginal cost in the case of fraud to MP/UA). I know I read the rules on certs/UG's so the 'I didn't know' defense really isn't one. Every U/G denied due to fraud means another clearing for someone playing by the rules.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 5:29 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by BDLORD
Maybe a Turbo lover? or just Hell bent for leather?
Are you trying to be some kind of Hellion?
Old Oct 9, 2008, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Cool

Originally Posted by Spiff
If you are, then You've Got Another Thing Coming!

Old Oct 10, 2008, 4:02 am

Programs: WWMFD
Originally Posted by AndrewT84
Not sure what WHQVM is...I guess I'll write them a letter and explain the stuff and trips. We'll see how that goes.
WHQVM = World Headquarters VoiceMail

Old Oct 10, 2008, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, KLM Flying Blue Gold, Emirates Skywards Blue, Priority Club Ambassador Gold
Originally Posted by Spiff
This "Metal God" is just "Screaming for vengeance"

Chrz!

Dr. D.

-------------------------------------------------------
Ghost of the Navigator: UA 666
Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:39 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even though from UA's side this is pretty stupid and shows they dont really care much about their future business. It's one thing to lose a few SWU and yes it might be right to revoke some benefits. But I dont think any customer will see such a step as taken here as reasonable and IMMEDIATELY shift his business to another airline.
He has been buying upgrades fron eBay for 5 years-- what exactly should UA do? Why would they want future business from a customer who has scammed them for 5 years?!?

Given that as a 1K this customer flies at least 100K miles per year and probably often in premium cabins the loss for them is bigger when they scare people away like this IMHO
OP said he didn't fly much this year, hence the "need" to sell the SWU's.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
I'm curious that pastorshawn has not replied to one word of the advice offered above?
Old Oct 29, 2008, 8:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by ozstamps
I'm curious that pastorshawn has not replied to one word of the advice offered above?
He has been busy at church . (he actually has not logged on to FT since a day after his initial post).

But seriously, If I was to guess..... It is a classic post and run, he was looking for a special contact, word, phrase or secret handshake that would get him off the hook.

Unfortunately, the advice given was pretty much "you got your hand caught in the cookie jar" and you should take your lumps.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 5:11 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
I am almost positive that pastorshawn goes by another handle. S/he is afraid of revealing his/her true identity. S/he can very well be someone we all know.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 9:41 pm

Help! My Mileage Plus Account Got Audited

Hey everyone

I need some advice and information for those who have some good input. I am a Premier member with United and I found out in October that my account was placed on an audit for "excessive bonus mile posting." I'm guessing this is due to complaining about delayed flights, baggage, where instead of taking a voucher from customer relations, I usually take bonus miles.

Though I don't know why this is not legit, they've frozen my mileage plus account and its already January. I've written to Customer Relations and called Mileage Plus but could never get a hold of anyone useful. They just say, "oh give it 2 more weeks" and 2 weeks rolls by and nothing...

Any advice on what I should do? or what can be done? This has never happened to me and I'd really like to use my miles sometime soon.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by kinetochore
Hey everyone

I need some advice and information for those who have some good input. I am a Premier member with United and I found out in October that my account was placed on an audit for "excessive bonus mile posting." I'm guessing this is due to complaining about delayed flights, baggage, where instead of taking a voucher from customer relations, I usually take bonus miles.

Though I don't know why this is not legit, they've frozen my mileage plus account and its already January. I've written to Customer Relations and called Mileage Plus but could never get a hold of anyone useful. They just say, "oh give it 2 more weeks" and 2 weeks rolls by and nothing...

Any advice on what I should do? or what can be done? This has never happened to me and I'd really like to use my miles sometime soon.
Welcome to FT!

Try a search, as audits have happened before. But this is the first I have heard about one due to "bonus mile posting". It is usually because people sell miles (or upgrades) on e-bay/craigslist, etc.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...nt-audit.html?

Also, just curious, how many times did you complain last year? Or did you turn in a bunch of "skykits"?
Old Jan 19, 2009, 9:50 pm

I've complained about 10 times in the past year but I fly often (was premier exec at one pt)

The city where I fly is a small airport so usually there's always a mess of delays, and cancellations (since they always cancel/delay the small regional jets first)

I've looked for audits and found nothing to my nature..

I'm very frustrated..I have so many miles and this is the time of year I'd like to start using them!! I never even redeemed a single mile from my account!

Please help.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
Also, just curious, how many times did you complain last year? Or did you turn in a bunch of "skykits"?
Skykits or other vouchers would be the only thing that makes sense. I mean, if CS goes in and adjusts your account by adding miles, it wouldn't make sense to audit the customer.

These audits generally do have to do with actual or suspected sale/trade of certificates or awards of some sort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.