Old Jun 24, 2008, 11:59 am

Programs: BMI Gold
"Maybe they sent some of the IAD crew out to retrain the SFO slackers."

Priceless ;-)
Old Jul 6, 2008, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jswong
The SFO Domestic RCC has clearly been asked a lot recently re drink chits. Just stopped in there before heading to the international terminal (where I am now)

Without prompting, the RCC Domestic told me that whilst I could enter I wouldn't get any drinks chits. Perhaps she noted my FT tag!

Will probably go to the SKL for a quick shower at 21:45

Jeff
They have always point blank told me they do not HAVE Drink chits at SFO DOM.

I've often hooked up with FT'ers there for a while before heading off to It'l term for SYD flight with a SYD BP and they hold that line each time.

Glen
Old Jul 6, 2008, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by nermaljcat
? what does an ocean have to do with it.

Do I need to cross an ocean to get a drink out of UA? they really are stingy. Last time I checked, Canada is a different country? The flight is between two countries so it should be international.
Ever noticed the term TransBorder at all of our major airports here in Canada? Most have three check-in areas which clearly demarcate destinations: Domestic, Transborder and International. The USA, and even Mexico, have seldom been considered at International destinations to/from Canada/USA.

Originally Posted by azepine00
I received them on multiple US-Canada trips as 1P and 1K while fully unaware of transoceanic requirement. Thanks UA for the goodwill.
That interesting because even AC STARGolds don't get them when flying transborder. Nor when flying in coach overseas, just business and first.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 6, 2008 at 4:18 pm Reason: merge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.