Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

RCC Drinks chits only for *G not RCC members?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2008, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

I had a friend 2P with RCC membership flying to Europe, through IAD. Lounge dragon would not give him drink chits because they are only for *G passengers. Is this really the case? RCC members don't get drink chits, but *G do?
Old May 26, 2008, 12:07 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by denverhockeyguy
I had a friend 2P with RCC membership flying to Europe, through IAD. Lounge dragon would not give him drink chits because they are only for *G passengers. Is this really the case? RCC members don't get drink chits, but *G do?
Assuming your friend was flying in economy, then yes, the lounge dragon was correct.
Old May 26, 2008, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
I think IAD has a different rule for every set of passenger (and all of them aim at not giving out free drinks).

I was there in February, standing in line behind a guy traveling in C who was told that he couldn't get any because only *G pax would get them. When it was my turn I was told that I couldn't get any because even though I was *G I wasn't traveling in C.

I much prefer the LH SEN lounges where you just walk up to the bar, grab the bottle, and mix yourself whatever you want.
Old May 26, 2008, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA *G .64MM; AmEx Plat freebies (HH Gold, Marriott Gold)
same day drink chits

I was on a LHR MR over the weekend. At the DEN RCC no drink chits because it wasn't the int'l departure airport for LHR but no biggie as I had a stash from RCC hopping at IAD last week. Ended up leaving DEN late so my 2 hr wait in IAD turned into 30 mins. Headed for RCC at C17 & checked in with no problem, asked for the drink chits & they said no because had to be used on same day and my plane just announced boarding. First time I'd been told this so wondering if it's a new policy to try to counter the RCC hopping at certain airports?
Old May 26, 2008, 1:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by LBsquared
I was on a LHR MR over the weekend. At the DEN RCC no drink chits because it wasn't the int'l departure airport for LHR but no biggie as I had a stash from RCC hopping at IAD last week. Ended up leaving DEN late so my 2 hr wait in IAD turned into 30 mins. Headed for RCC at C17 & checked in with no problem, asked for the drink chits & they said no because had to be used on same day and my plane just announced boarding. First time I'd been told this so wondering if it's a new policy to try to counter the RCC hopping at certain airports?
I would have said & yes I can drink in the time they're boarding - hand them over I don't know if technically they're supposed to be used same day, but I just keep them for the times I have delays on domestic flights. Cheers.
Old May 26, 2008, 3:19 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
RCC members in Y get free WiFi but no drink tickets.

*G in Y get free drink tickets but no WiFi.

Go figure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.