Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Why Do I Have Half (.5) an EQS Credit for my Flight(s)" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Why Do I Have Half (.5) an EQS Credit for my Flight(s)" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2006, 6:30 am

Programs: UA, DL, Hilton etc.
Check your MP balance and you should see that you received 150% EQMs too. When you are rerouted, always ask for a printed receipt (from agent or chicken). It will show you the fare class that you've been rebooked in.
Old Sep 25, 2006, 9:17 pm

0.5 Segment?

I just found out that my Elite Qualifying Segments is 75.50...
I've never seen EQS like this before.
Is it normal? I'm not sure how I got the 0.5 segment.
Old Sep 25, 2006, 9:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Usually for a B, Y, Business, or First Class fare.
Old Sep 25, 2006, 9:24 pm

I took several upgraded seats recently, but I don't think I purchased those fares... There must be a mistake.
Old Sep 25, 2006, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Hiro32
I took several upgraded seats recently, but I don't think I purchased those fares... There must be a mistake.
any irregular ops? Sometimes they book you into Y as it is quicker...
Old Sep 25, 2006, 9:50 pm

Well, I took an earlier flight the other day, and the gate agent asked me if I want to upgrade my seat with 500 milers during the boaring process. I took the upgrade at the gate.
Also, for in bound flight I asked again at the gate during boarding process if I can get on the earlier flight. The gate agent was kinda in a panic because he had to close the gate in two minutes. He just printed my new BP (economy) and took me to my seat, and I saw two first class seats were available, so I asked him again if I can get one of the first class seats. He said I can just take it and then he would take care of the upgrade later after the departure.
But he never pulled my upgrade instruments.
Old Sep 25, 2006, 9:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
The gate agent was kinda in a panic because he had to close the gate in two minutes. He just printed my new BP (economy) and took me to my seat
It sounds like he may have put you in a revenue Y seat. You can also call an ask for an EQM accounting. Too bad they don't list EQM per segment in the summary...
Old Sep 25, 2006, 9:57 pm

Well, I took an earlier flight the other day, and the gate agent asked me if I want to upgrade my seat with 500 milers during the boaring process. I took the upgrade at the gate.
Also, for in bound flight I asked again at the gate during boarding process if I can get on the earlier flight. The gate agent was kinda in a panic because he had to close the gate in two minutes. He just printed my new BP (economy) and took me to my seat, and I saw two first class seats were available, so I asked him again if I can get one of the first class seats. He said I can just take it and then he would take care of the upgrade later after the departure.
But he never pulled my upgrade instruments.
Its quite possible that one of the GA's booked you into full Y for one of these flights and that would give you the extra .5 segments.
Old Sep 25, 2006, 10:57 pm

Ah, that's why I got extra EQM as well???
It was normal when I checked my miles at United.bomb this morning, and then this evening I suddenly got the extra 0.5 EQS and more EQM.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 12:31 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by InDiAnBoY821
any irregular ops? Sometimes they book you into Y as it is quicker...
or in my case "full f" on a bump (always pays to look at the booking code on your new bp ) and rememeber-a good f/'ter just goes sshhhhhhh
Old Sep 26, 2006, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by goalie
or in my case "full f" on a bump (always pays to look at the booking code on your new bp ) and rememeber-a good f/'ter just goes sshhhhhhh
The original booking code was S, but it was Y on my new bp. That's why...
Old Sep 26, 2006, 2:56 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
The original booking code was S, but it was Y on my new bp. That's why...
we have a winner and your "extra eqm's" should be 50% value of the eqm's from the flight. http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,3122,00.html
Old Oct 1, 2006, 1:01 pm

Programs: UAL 1K, NW Gold, Avis First, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
.5 Segment Credit

Does anyone know why I would get a .5 segment credit. It just showed up after I completed the following trip SFO-DEN-OKC-DEN-MSP-DTW-DEN-SFO.

I flew NW from MSP-DEN.

Thanks in advance!

UALSFOGAL
Old Oct 1, 2006, 1:05 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
A quick search for ".5 EQS" would have revealed: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ghlight=.5+eqs
Old Oct 1, 2006, 1:05 pm

You get double EQM/EQS on highyield fares (F, A, P, C, D, Z, Y, B). Perhaps you were either booked into one of these fares, or if you changed flights or were bumped the GA will often rebook you in Y because it is easier for them.

Just my idea of what it could be, not sure...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.