Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lounge Access in MUC" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Lounge Access in MUC" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2006, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime GS, SPG Gold
Munich Airport

Flying MUC-ORD on 1 July on
UA 906 in first. Which lounge do you
use. Any HON in Munich and can UA
F Pax use it?
Old Jun 21, 2006, 11:06 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
You would use the Senator lounge (which is the *A Gold lounge as well). It's a great lounge with good food and drink selection (usually meat patties, soup, potato salad, small sandwiches, etc. as lunchtime nears as well as the typical lounge fare -- candy, nuts, fruit, breads & jams, and so on), very nice showers, a sleeping room and reasonably friendly staff!
Old Jun 22, 2006, 8:56 am

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
Just make sure you've got your MP card with you - the lounge wardens show a Germanic devotion to "the rules".

That said, the SEN lounge is very nice, much nicer than the FRA lounges. I've only used the one on the Schengen level (G gates), but there is one on the non-Schengen level (H gates) beyond passport control as well.

Last time I was there (August '05), I believe they were working on an HON lounge as well, but I just took a look at LH's website, and you'd need to be on an LH-operated flight to get access as an F customer.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime GS, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bdjohns1
Just make sure you've got your MP card with you - the lounge wardens show a Germanic devotion to "the rules".

That said, the SEN lounge is very nice, much nicer than the FRA lounges. I've only used the one on the Schengen level (G gates), but there is one on the non-Schengen level (H gates) beyond passport control as well.

Last time I was there (August '05), I believe they were working on an HON lounge as well, but I just took a look at LH's website, and you'd need to be on an LH-operated flight to get access as an F customer.
Thanks for the info
Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:08 am
Suspended

ONLY LH (metal) F pax can use HON lounge. UA F pax can use SEN lounge.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation Consolidated "Lounge Access in MUC" Thread [Merged]

I'm headed to MUC at the end of the month; I haven't been in ages and all my travel there has been on LH, never UA.

I'd like to stop at a lounge and grab a quick shower since I have a full day ahead of me upon arrival. Is this feasible if I arrive on UA? (I'll be on UA 902.) I realize I won't have an onward BP, but there are ways around that. Or, if there is an area with showers...let me know about that.

I recall there was a lot of shuttle-bussing there so perhaps a lot depends on where I'm dropped off?

TIA.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know there is a Senator Lounge with showers, but that's all I can think of. As I am sure you know you wont be entitled to enter without an ongoing BP.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
I know there is a Senator Lounge with showers, but that's all I can think of. As I am sure you know you wont be entitled to enter without an ongoing BP.
I know there's a Senator lounge, but will I be able to access as I'm deplaning from UA...or do I have to go through passport control, etc. etc.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And a refundable ticket back to IAD sounds like a great idea.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:11 am
gre

Programs: UA-Plat, Marriott-Plat, AAI, AAII
I was just took 902 into MUC last week. Fortunately I was heading onto FLR so I was actually entitled to use the lounges.

Anyway, there is a Business and a Senator lounge in the international terminal; they have a shared entrance but the Senator is nicer. Both have showers but again, the Senator showers are (supposedly) nicer. I tried the Senator showers and they were fine. I can tell you that I had to talk my way in even at 7AM with an onward BP because the LH matrons wanted me to go over to the Schengen (intraEurope) Senator lounge. I argued that it made no difference what lounge I used - I was entitled to use any of them - they finally relented. I checked out the Schengen Senator lounge later and thought the international lounge was better (it was certainly quieter as I expected it would be).

I would not hold out much for your chances without an onward BP.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:12 am

A German friend of mine swears by the Kempinski airport hotel at MUC; she plans leisurely layovers there between her transatlantic segments and her intra-German ones, and books into the hotel spa for a swim and massage.

Though it sounds like you won't be into spending a lot of time, it might be just the thing to pop over for a workout in the club. One of these times I'll try it myself.

http://www.kempinski-airport.de/en/wellness/index.htm
Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gre
Anyway, there is a Business and a Senator lounge in the international terminal; they have a shared entrance but the Senator is nicer.
So let me get this straight...off UA 902 I go, down the jetway, and into the international terminal area where I can access the int'l SEN lounge?

No passport control? No security? No passing "go" and collecting $200?

(I'll make arrangements to have an onward BP. )
Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MrLincoln
A German friend of mine swears by the Kempinski airport hotel at MUC; she plans leisurely layovers there between her transatlantic segments and her intra-German ones, and books into the hotel spa for a swim and massage.

Though it sounds like you won't be into spending a lot of time, it might be just the thing to pop over for a workout in the club. One of these times I'll try it myself.

http://www.kempinski-airport.de/en/wellness/index.htm
Now THAT looks nice. Maybe I'll scrap the crappy airport lounge and go for a swim. (I do have some time in the a.m.)

Thanks for the suggestion. ^
Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:16 am

Programs: United 1P, AA Plat, US Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver
You'll like the MUC Senator lounge with the showers. Pleasant experience all around. I also second the idea of forgoing the airport lounge and taking a swim at the Kempinski!
Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:18 am
gre

Programs: UA-Plat, Marriott-Plat, AAI, AAII
Originally Posted by UNITED959
So let me get this straight...off UA 902 I go, down the jetway, and into the international terminal area where I can access the int'l SEN lounge?

No passport control? No security? No passing "go" and collecting $200?

(I'll make arrangements to have an onward BP. )
That's right - nada until you exit the terminal either landside or to the Schengen terminal. I've been through MUC twice recently and it's been the same, very quiet in the mornings, no lines, no waiting.

There are a few terminals like this where they do not heard you into immigration, DUB comes to mind, I think FRA too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.