Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access in Rome [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2007, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Exclamation Lounge access in Rome [Merged]

Flying IAD-FCO next year on a UA Business Class award ticket. Are there any kind of arrival lounge options? Departure lounge options?

I know that on arrival, US has offered a dayroom at the FCO Hilton Hotel. Does UA?
Old Aug 20, 2007, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I just flew IAD-FCO/FCO-IAD on a Z fare and there was no "invitation" (even as a *G) to any of the lounges (unlike LH). Be aware that check-in and securuty took me 2 hours and I arrived at the gate as boarding commenced. I have never known FCO to be anything other than a zoo -- even when on TW and they had a whole section apart.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
There is no arrival lounge at Fiumicino. You'd be lucky if your bag comes out in less than 45 minutes. If you're checking luggage, I advise carrying a washcloth, a hand towel, and a change of clothes so that you can freshen up at one of the bathrooms in the baggage claim area while you wait for your bag. You'll want the washcloth anyway because Italy is one of those countries that doesn't seem to have them in any of the hotels.

As for departure lounges, your international Business Class ticket will get you access to the Red Carpet Clubs at Dulles. You should be offered two coupons for alcoholic beverages. I haven't departed from FCO in Business, so I don't know about the lounge situation on the return flight. You can use the IAD RCCs.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 2:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Lori_Q
You'll want the washcloth anyway because Italy is one of those countries that doesn't seem to have them in any of the hotels.
Huh??? I don't know where you've been staying...
Old Aug 20, 2007, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

FCO has a remote international (usually not for intra-europe flights) that is not too bad but I don't know of any lounges attached to it. LH usually departs from A or B and there a some small, but nice lounges in those areas.

In all honesty the international check-in is so chaotic and so filled with people that unless you arrive -- even three hours early -- you probably wouldn't have a decent amount of time to use a lounge.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 4:26 pm

There is no arrivals or departure lounge in FCO for business class.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldtrav
There is no arrivals or departure lounge in FCO for business class.
Really? Not even a contracted departures lounge?
Old Aug 20, 2007, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Nope! There is one general lounge which seems to accepts C passengers from almost every airline other than UA.
UA F passengers get to use BA lounge (get a pass first).
Old Aug 20, 2007, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by azepine00
Nope! There is one general lounge which seems to accepts C passengers from almost every airline other than UA.
UA F passengers get to use BA lounge (get a pass first).
HAHAHAHAHA! That's so pathetic.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
This seems to be a matter of UA being cheap. Even twice bankrupt USAirways has a contracted lounge. ..and yes, both UA and US use the same terminal, terminal C. The contract lounge is call "L'Anfore" it has a nice cappucino bar, since that seems to be all I care about when leaving Italy.

Add to that the fact that US has dayrooms at the Fiumicino Hilton reserved on arrival for all business passengers, a very nice touch and good way to start your day.

These were of course started long ago and if current managment in Tempe found out they'd have a heart attack. But come on UA!!!

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Old Aug 20, 2007, 11:12 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
This seems to be a matter of UA being cheap. Even twice bankrupt USAirways has a contracted lounge. ..and yes, both UA and US use the same terminal, terminal C. The contract lounge is call "L'Anfore" it has a nice cappucino bar, since that seems to be all I care about when leaving Italy.

Add to that the fact that US has dayrooms at the Fiumicino Hilton reserved on arrival for all business passengers, a very nice touch and good way to start your day.

These were of course started long ago and if current managment in Tempe found out they'd have a heart attack. But come on UA!!!
Thanks for the great information. I am burning 60k of my remaining US miles on business class ticket to FCO on the US discounted winter biz award.

UA is hands down the winner in the sky for the C passenger
US is hands down the winner on the ground (PHL Envoy lounge, FCO Arrivals & Departure Lounges) and in cost when using miles.

Please US, don't take this benefit away!
Old Aug 21, 2007, 5:10 am

Programs: Premier Executive, Continental Platinum, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Velocity Gold, Alaskan MPV Gold.
Lounge access in Rome

What Lounge does a star gold have access to in Rome if any?

Thanks..
Old Aug 21, 2007, 5:23 am

Programs: UA 1K in training
According to this thread and this link, there is no lounge access for UA flights to/from Rome. If you're on another *A carrier, you should be able to use one of the contract lounges.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 5:25 am

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
Also, is there an arrivals lounge (with showers, hopefully)?
Old Aug 21, 2007, 5:27 am

Programs: UA 1K in training
Originally Posted by EricH
Also, is there an arrivals lounge (with showers, hopefully)?
Nope, see the thread I cited above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.