Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access in Rome [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2011, 3:23 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by UALurkerORD
It looks like most of the newer posts relate to *G or C... has anyone recently flown out of FCO in F? I wonder if there's a difference between what contract lounge is used for people in the F cabin.
I think the F cabin uses the same unfortunately. I do not believe there is a separate F section. If I am not mistaken, there're only two lounges in this area (non-Schengen) with the other being the Alitalia Lounge.

FDW
Old May 19, 2011, 6:49 pm

Programs: AS mvp gold UA 1K HH Gold
My wife and I used this lounge on May 13, 2011. We were on F tickets. It was poor. I had the worst espresso in all of Italy there. My wife had a Coke Lite. They had some very sorry looking rolls and a plate of grocery store cookies. We went back to the terminal. The terminal 5 security system should never be underestimated. 15 people in the C/F line in front of us, but we managed to get through in only 40 minutes. Next time I fly to Germany or Switzerland and take the train. In spite of the facilities and security at FCO, Italy is still fun. Hope you have a good trip.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:18 am

Programs: UA, AA, HH Diamond,HertzGold,Interconental Plat Amb.
We were in that lounge this past Monday (May 30). What a joke.

We were on UA967 to IAD. Boarding was just a mob scene. All sorts of 1Ks way in the back of the mob. Being in seat 1A and 1B helped a little once on, but it was the most disorganized boarding I've ever scene.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
A sorry excuse for an airport, kept alive in typical italian fashion through demented political moves while a white elephant sits now virtually empty (and asset stripped by its local government) approx 25 miles north west of Milan.

If you have to fly to Italy, fly into a small airport from MUC, or ZRH, like Florence. It's still nuts, you will end up loathing all CSRs and security folks who, admittedly, have something to brag about since they actually have a job, but at least there are a lot fewer people to deal with and you board through a bus, so the scrums are somehow more bearable. For sure, when you look at the passion people put on this board around topics like boarding order, gate lice etc etc, dealing with an italian airport (or even an italian bar) is going to be too much to handle
Old Jun 16, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold
So just passed through FCO on Sunday flying IFC and we were given access to the "Sala Giotto" lounge operated by Alitalia. That place wasn't a dump, but certainly nothing compared to the UA IFL's (let alone a standard RCC). Not being a complete "dump", it was still crowded, had terrible food, was noisey and featured inadequately sized bathrooms. It was better than the chaos of T5, but wasn't anything to write home about.

Following a few other notes in recent posts, I found the check-in and boarding process a mess. Waited for 30 minutes in the FC/GS check-in queue (only 3 couples ahead of me... none who where in the FC cabin). At security, was happy to see a FC/BC line that was much smaller than the normal one and didn't have any problems. However, the boarding process was very disorganized... not sure if it was due to lack of quantiy of the boarding announcements, volume of boarding announcements, clarity of the boarding announcements, pax understanding of what the announcements meant, gate lice, or something else. All that rush and confusion just to on a bus to head to the plane on the tarmac.

Since ORD's my home, I'd consider flying into MUC or ZRH and taking a train or short flight once in the EU (depending on where I'm going in Italy).
Old Feb 19, 2012, 5:19 am

Programs: UA and HH
The new UA uses the Hilton at the airport as an arrivals lounge/day room now. We just had to ask the BF concierge to arrange it for us, but you probably have to be in BF. I was even able to give the front desk my HH number to get EL access. You could even use their shuttle to get into Rome if you wanted but we had prepaid buss tickets so we just took the bus.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 9:23 pm

Programs: AC Elite
Originally Posted by gbryan84
The new UA uses the Hilton at the airport as an arrivals lounge/day room now. We just had to ask the BF concierge to arrange it for us, but you probably have to be in BF. I was even able to give the front desk my HH number to get EL access. You could even use their shuttle to get into Rome if you wanted but we had prepaid buss tickets so we just took the bus.
Does anyone have updates on lounge access for *G at FCO. I will fly AC . This Hilton access sounds interesting....unfortunately I am AC elite not SE so no concierge for me
Old May 31, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Mrs. dwcatty and I flew Rome FCO to EWR last week on UA in BF. From arrival curbside at terminal five to the contract lounge, L'Anfore, was maybe 45 minutes (we did not deal with any VAT refund). It was as effortless an airport experience as I have ever had.

At the UA counter we were given a written "invitation" to use the lounge, and instructions on where to find it. We thought it very nice, particularly after reading the dungeon comments here. It was certainly nicer than being in the main waiting area upstairs.

There was a series of six or eight lighted oversized pictures forming a panorama view of a seaside town on one wall. Is that new? An island in front of the bar had numerous refrigerators with sparkling and naturale water, coke, tonic, juices. There was a self service coffee machine. On the opposite wall the food choices were rather limited, although we had eaten breakfast at the hotel and were about to enjoy a nice meal in BF on the flight so that wasn't an issue for us.

The gate agents were very adamant when boarding commenced about BF passengers first, and I saw them turning folks in the rear away. After reading this thread I expected the worst and thought Rome FCO a breeze. Maybe we just got lucky.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:17 pm

Has anyone had access to the Hilton day room at FCO since the merger?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:37 pm

Programs: SPG Gold; HHonors Gold; Marriott Silver
Arrivals Lounge Access?

gbryan84, all,

My in-laws are flying IAD to FCO in Global First on award tickets. They really have no clue what to ask for or what to expect. I know they can use the first class lounge in IAD, but will they get access to an arrivals lounge at FCO?

If they should have access, who do they ask to get the paperwork needed for the Hilton (or wherever it is)? I really want them to enjoy this experience, but I know I am going to have to be very specific or they will just sit at the gate and wait to board.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.