Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Why is it RCC@IAD C 17 still not giving out drink chits to *G?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why is it RCC@IAD C 17 still not giving out drink chits to *G?

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2007, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Angry Why is it RCC@IAD C 17 still not giving out drink chits to *G?

Sitting in RCC nex to C17 at IAD. The matron won't give me drink chits. She keeps telling me the chits are for C and F passengers. I am going to AMS in Y this afternoon, but have not used my SWU as I want to find out if this "upgrade rumor to UGS-1K" CLAIM is true.

Anyway the point is why people keep striking out at RCC at C17 for drink chits? Too bad RCC at C7 is temporarily closed. D7 is too far from my gate.

Btw, RCC is a zoo today with C7 closed, all the overflow passengers are at C17.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; May 6, 2007 at 2:40 pm
Old May 6, 2007, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Why don't you just tell her to read the rules ... or better yet, just ask for a supervisor? S*RCC/ADMIT, end of story.
Old May 6, 2007, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
Tell her that there are several thousand *Gold members watching right now to see how she handles it.
Old May 6, 2007, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please let us know what happens ASAP. If she still says no please PM me.
Old May 6, 2007, 2:51 pm
Suspended

It's quite obvious to me now that UA (specifically IAD) management is doing this on purpose.
Old May 6, 2007, 2:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I want to find out if this "upgrade rumor to UGS-1K" CLAIM is true.
You're willing to risk a TATL in Y for a :troll: ?
Old May 6, 2007, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Interestingly, I was offered a single drink chit on Wednesday night at C17.

First time in 5 years of transiting IAD on my way to EZE. And this time I was in Y on a L fare. I've never been offered any even when travelling in C (which is more than 50% of the time).

John

Last edited by SoFlyOn; May 6, 2007 at 3:10 pm
Old May 6, 2007, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I want to find out if this "upgrade rumor to UGS-1K" CLAIM is true.
That is quite simply INSANE.

Even if it were true, which I seriously doubt, not worth risking it at the gate and spending the flight in Y.
Old May 6, 2007, 3:36 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
actually, on the contrary, on a few recent trips in the past month, I have experienced the RCC entrance staff offering drink coupons (although just 1, one time) without any prompting, and being fairly friendly.

I myself don't really use the coupons much, but it is interesting to see how action on this board can make for real life positive changes!
Old May 6, 2007, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was offered 1 last week at IAD, although there was no place to sit at the C17 club because of the overflow & tons of Euro departures.
Old May 6, 2007, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by rch4u
Why don't you just tell her to read the rules ... or better yet, just ask for a supervisor? S*RCC/ADMIT, end of story.
And here is what the supervisor e-mailed me on 3/7/07:

Dear Mr. DCBob,

Thank you for taking the time to write to our Customer Service Manager about your experience in the Red Carpet Clubs at Los Angeles and Dulles Airports. Ms. XXXXX forwarded your letter to me. Please accept my sincere apology for the trouble you describe.

Certainly, your description of the events surrounding your experience at our Red Carpet Club is disturbing. Indeed, I was very disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectations. Of course, you are correct: Premier Executive transoceanic customers are entitled to two drink chits when visiting our clubs. Please be assured that I have forwarded your letter to the Red Carpet Club manager in Los Angeles for follow up.

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. As a Premier Executive member your business is very important to us. I look forward to welcoming you to our Red Carpet Club in April for your trip to London and hopefully many future United flights.

Ms. XXXXX
Supervisor Red Carpet Club
Washington Dulles International Airport
Old May 6, 2007, 7:53 pm

Last week @ C17: offered 1, asked for 2, received 2.

Old May 6, 2007, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
I have been to C17 RCC three times since FEB on international flights. First time I was in C and was asked will I be having some cocktail. After my response I was given 2 drink chits. Second time I was in Y and no drink chit was initially offered. I asked for them and 2 were provided. The third time again in Y ticket I was asked if I care for cocktail, two chits were provided. I still have all six chits with me along with a few more from last year.
Old May 6, 2007, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by CAPT Tee
I have been to C17 RCC three times since FEB on international flights. First time I was in C and was asked will I be having some cocktail. After my response I was given 2 drink chits. Second time I was in Y and no drink chit was initially offered. I asked for them and 2 were provided. The third time again in Y ticket I was asked if I care for cocktail, two chits were provided. I still have all six chits with me along with a few more from last year.
Hope to meet you soon in a RCC
Old May 6, 2007, 9:47 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by UNITED959
I was offered 1 last week at IAD, although there was no place to sit at the C17 club because of the overflow & tons of Euro departures.
Please tell me you did ask for another...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.