Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Does UA have a backdoor method to Elite Levels similar to an AA Challenge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2006, 3:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL, HHonors, AA, US, Aloha Pass, BA, CO, HawaiianMiles, Chairman, Centurion, AXP, MR, MHC Gold
Cool Does UA have a backdoor method to Elite Levels similar to an AA Challenge?

Old Mar 1, 2006, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA
You are on the US forum. Perhaps a moderator would like to move this thread over to UA?
Old Mar 1, 2006, 3:48 pm

Yes, United has this thing called as Status match, or prepaid elite card!
Old Mar 1, 2006, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA 1P, HH DMD, SPG PLT, Hertz 5*
UA Status Match is available as a 1-time deal. They offer a UA status that is 1 level lower than your current status in most cases.

Or, like kinglobjaw pointed out, you can "buy" elite status on United. Using this option, you pre-pay for travel and use your prepaid card to buy your tickets throughout the year.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 5:17 pm

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Lightbulb

Moving to the UA forum.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA 1PMM,AAG; usedtobeelite
UA MP also does challenges. A friend is under one now. They may not be as routine as AA has them, though, and may be more customized.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 6:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
There's always the "basic challenge" - if you fly 25,000 miles before the calendar year, you get Premier status!
Old Mar 1, 2006, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by jcasner
UA Status Match is available as a 1-time deal. They offer a UA status that is 1 level lower than your current status in most cases.
I think it is usual to match 1:1, thus match. It is just they don't match 1K, except in special circumstances. So if you are top-tier somewhere else, you will get matched one below to mid-tier.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
I recently matched back to UA again. From our correspondence, it was clear they would have matched me (AA EXP, CO Plat) to 1K if I had demonstrated consistent high fare history. I send cards, they rquested complete statements to evaluate me. Statements showed a mix of fares; only 1/4 high fares; so they gave me 1P. (And I have already flown 50K on UA this year, well on my way to 1K).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.