Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Is This Person a Flyer Talker (aka, the 'Mr. Pillows' Thread)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is This Person a Flyer Talker (aka, the 'Mr. Pillows' Thread)?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by JS
I think it's pretty sad when people take rumors from another board and spread them to this one.
It's not rumor.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 11:26 pm

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
Rumour or fact (and it appears to be the latter), this certainly is one of the most interesting things to come up on this forum in a while

... a nice change of pace from the 'will my upgrade clear?' and 'MP is a fraud because I can't get four F seats to HI at Christmas' threads
Old Aug 2, 2005, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
¡Muy interesante!
Old Aug 2, 2005, 4:33 am

Programs: UA GS/1K/MM, VA Gold, DL Gold
What did he do with all his pillows and blankets?
Old Aug 2, 2005, 4:36 am

Programs: United 1k 1 MM
Originally Posted by WindFlyer
... a nice change of pace from the 'will my upgrade clear?' and 'MP is a fraud because I can't get four F seats to HI at Christmas' threads
Bully! Bully!
Old Aug 2, 2005, 4:46 am

I have sat next to (well, across the isle from as his favourite seat is 1C on the 767 international config) Mr Pillows on a flight from GRU-ORD. All that's said above is true, especially with regards to taking up the overhead compartment space with all the pillows The other First passengers and I had to fight for the remaining compartment space For other passengers paying Full Fare in First they must initially be put out by the amount of attention that Mr Pillows receives as he does get an awful lot of attention before he turns his seat into a fluffy pillow haven! However, on my flight he slept for the majority of the journey and the service returned to normal for the rest of the First cabin!

Last edited by Morgo; Aug 2, 2005 at 4:47 am Reason: typo!
Old Aug 2, 2005, 6:00 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
I understand that Mr. Pillows uses UA to South America, but whereever he has other options such as SQ to NRT or HKG or LH or BA or even LX to Europe he would be much better off using a different carrier.

I guess he flies Full F, but has route deals or some other discounts from UA and therefore is loyal to UA with his massive (pillow and milk) business.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 6:01 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I will be in F ORD-EZE in March(RG on the return(GIG-GRU-LAX)so I will keep an eye out for Mr.Pillows!
Old Aug 2, 2005, 6:20 am

Programs: WWMFD
I found him!
Old Aug 2, 2005, 6:31 am

Programs: Marriott PLT, Starwood, American Gold, Delta
Bear....

Bear ... the flight with the FA death was a United Express, YOW to ORD.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 6:49 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by kcvt750
C3PO? C'mon!
Old Aug 2, 2005, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wintersummer
Bear ... the flight with the FA death was a United Express, YOW to ORD.
I'm very sorry to hear that. It's the first I've heard of it. Does anyone have a media link to it? I'm curious as to what happened.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by tia.ffany
My bf and I we flew next to him last year from GRU-ORD.
No more details????

Inquiring minds want to know.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Getting my pillows, blankets and milk on board those crampy CRJs is really a pain. I really need to start flying the heavies again.

Old Aug 2, 2005, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by flamboyant 1
I understand that Mr. Pillows uses UA to South America, but whereever he has other options such as SQ to NRT or HKG or LH or BA or even LX to Europe he would be much better off using a different carrier.
Since the majority of folks in First on those carriers are on paid F fares, would they even put up with the types of requests this gentleman demands of UA?

And would those airlines allow the (temporary) service disruptions to other passengers (again, predominately also flying paid F) necessary in accomodating those requests?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.