Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HELP-United RTW (non star alliance)

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2005, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA executive platinum, United premier gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold
HELP-United RTW (non star alliance)

Help! I am extremely frustrated dealing with United and multiple incompetent agents trying to obtain some info. I am trying to find out any info/rules/fares etc concerning United RTW- but not as a Star alliance RTW. There apparently are RTW with United/ South Africa Airways, United/Cathay Pacific/ amongst several other 2 airline combos. United does not have an RTW desk as some airlines do, hence knowledgeable agents concerning such products. I am told by United that there is no such combo with South Africa Airways. After one half hour, I was able to reach South Africa Airways who said of course there is such a fare (for at least 4 years), and quoted a price of approx. $5700.00. They referred me back to United since I reside in the US to do the ticketing. I called back a third time to UNited and this agent said there is no such thing??? Does anyone know of this fare and what is the best way to obtain rules etc. Any info appreciated.
Old May 17, 2005, 9:59 am

In your message you fail to say what fare class or intinerary you are seeking, both of which will be critical to finding out what is available. For $5700 you should be able to get a business class (D) ticket, depending on your routing.
Your best bet is to find a travel agent or agency that specializes in RTW fares, as they should be informed on the myriad of RTW options that exist these days. Try doing a web search for one, as there are quite a few out there.
Old May 17, 2005, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA executive platinum, United premier gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by LAXGUY
In your message you fail to say what fare class or intinerary you are seeking, both of which will be critical to finding out what is available. For $5700 you should be able to get a business class (D) ticket, depending on your routing.
Your best bet is to find a travel agent or agency that specializes in RTW fares, as they should be informed on the myriad of RTW options that exist these days. Try doing a web search for one, as there are quite a few out there.
It would be a busines class fare. Sounds from your suggestion, that I skip using the airlines res agent and try to find a good agent who deals with RTW. Good luck in Tucson. Just as a side note, I have spoken to airtreks co. this am and they are working on it and claim that they do this and usally at a better price. This remains to be seen. Anybody ever used Airtreks out of San Francicso?
Old May 17, 2005, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by fleur_de_lys
It would be a busines class fare. Sounds from your suggestion, that I skip using the airlines res agent and try to find a good agent who deals with RTW. Good luck in Tucson. Just as a side note, I have spoken to airtreks co. this am and they are working on it and claim that they do this and usally at a better price. This remains to be seen. Anybody ever used Airtreks out of San Francicso?
I'm working with Airtreks currently. No final info from them yet, but the quoted price ($1600-$1900) looks good. However, I believe their fares may be ineligible for miles, which makes them a non-starter.
Old May 17, 2005, 11:30 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
airtreks is very knowedgable -

do so if the fare is what matters. but it's true, many of their fares don't get miles...I do believe you can specifiy w/ them that you want a mileage EARNING FARE...
Old May 17, 2005, 4:35 pm

You might try www.1st-air.net. They specialize in discounted business class fares and their web site has a page for RTW. I have used them in the past but not for RTW.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 7:59 pm

"There apparently are RTW with United/ South Africa Airways"

Is this still the case if someone has a fare basis that would be VERY helpful.

THANKS!
Old Sep 8, 2007, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by writetorich
"There apparently are RTW with United/ South Africa Airways"

Is this still the case if someone has a fare basis that would be VERY helpful.

THANKS!
No longer around, and the EK/UA RTW just rose in price (doubled).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.