Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated "Combining UA Credits, Vouchers, and Goodwill Certs" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated "Combining UA Credits, Vouchers, and Goodwill Certs" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2010, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cotter77
i am sitting on a bunch on e-certs, including ones that we got when CS gave me a 250 e-cert and gave my wife 1x$150 and 1x100 e-certs....superannoying.

any tips on how to combine or use together for a single trip....not necessarily all of the but at least the 150+100 would be nice? i think i read somewhere in here that if you call to book the ticket sometimes they will do it for you.
Usually, if you contact Customer Service, they can combine them for you.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold; HH Diamond; Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by tmm1012
have you ever had success with CS splitting on up? for instance, giving them a $200 cert in exchange for 2 x $100 ?? actually - ideally - I'd like to have a $200 split into 4 x $50 .......

any data points?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
You can often book one-ways instead of round trip, applying certs in both directions as long as the amount on the cert doesn't exceed the cost of the fare. Many e-certs are only good for a single passenger, too, so splitting up records allows you to use more even if you're on the same flights. Of course, that means that the passenger flying with you, unless he/she has status, wouldn't have access to UDU/E+/free baggage, etc.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 3:42 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
I have successfully used of my 2 e-certs on one reservation with 2 pax (goalie-parents). You need to hold the reservation and then call websupport to have them apply both e-certs to the one reservation
Old Dec 2, 2010, 6:38 am

Programs: UA, CO, AA
Originally Posted by tmm1012
do they charge you a "booking on the phone assistance fee?"

why are some e-certs straight up $xx coupons for flights while others carry that link to a page that gives you 3 choices:
a) the $xx discount off flight
b) the 20% off
c) take xx,xxx miles into your MP account

Last edited by iluv2fly; Dec 2, 2010 at 10:43 am Reason: merge
Old Dec 5, 2010, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA, CO, AA
using 2 e-certs

called UA and got transfered to web support
they told me you can only use one ecert per reservation
sucky because the separate one way tickets are more expensive than the RT
Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:03 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cotter77
called UA and got transfered to web support
they told me you can only use one ecert per reservation....
While that is the stated T&Cs using FT Rule #1 (if you don't like the answer, call again) you will likely get a agent that will accept two.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:23 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Can I combine Two Types of Voucher

Ok, brief story............Flying IAD-EWR 2 weeks ago.

Flight was oversold, given 4x$100 vouchers for being a volunteer, and was put on a flight out of DCA 90 mins later, and given $60 taxi voucher.

Taxi trip ended up being $63, I paid the $3 extra, and made my flight. Called UA next day, seeking the $3......ended up with India giving me an additional $250 e-certificate for my 'troubles'.

----------Anyway, onto my question------------

Can I combine the 400 VDB vouchers with the 250 e-certificate and fly somewhere for $650?

Just wondering....I was considering a crazy trip after New Years to SEA, PDX and OGG, which is currently coming up at just over 650............

Thanks for your help ya'll

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 13, 2010 at 9:35 pm Reason: moved into existing thread
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by kwildnj
Can I combine the 400 VDB vouchers with the 250 e-certificate and fly somewhere for $650?

Just wondering....I was considering a crazy trip after New Years to SEA, PDX and OGG, which is currently coming up at just over 650............

Thanks for your help ya'll
Yes, I've done this multiple times. PM me for help/instructions. But, e-certs usually can only be used for roundtrip itinerary, no multi city or open jaw.

Last edited by hellyea; Dec 13, 2010 at 11:44 pm
Old Apr 5, 2011, 3:47 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Please follow this topic here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...11-merged.html

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.