Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UNITED - I had to cancel flight, can't use ticket credit in the time I have left...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UNITED - I had to cancel flight, can't use ticket credit in the time I have left...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA, AC, AGR, AS, BA, CX, DL, UA, WN, all non-elite
I am in a similar situation and wanted to check that I understand my options correctly.

In June 2011, I booked a nonrefundable ticket but had to cancel. After the change fee is deducted, I have about $1000 left to use before June 2012. I do not intend to travel before then. If I purchase a cheap $100 throw-away ticket, then would I receive a voucher for $900 good for one more year (until June 2013)?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by via amtrak
I am in a similar situation and wanted to check that I understand my options correctly.

In June 2011, I booked a nonrefundable ticket but had to cancel. After the change fee is deducted, I have about $1000 left to use before June 2012. I do not intend to travel before then. If I purchase a cheap $100 throw-away ticket, then would I receive a voucher for $900 good for one more year (until June 2013)?
Hi,

I am in the same situation. Were you able to buy a throw-away ticket and get the credit for another year?
I have 1500 and 1100 in refund credits and will expire soon.

Thanks.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 12:33 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LondonTown
... I am in the same situation. Were you able to buy a throw-away ticket and get the credit for another year? ....
yes that should work but you will have pay the change fee, in addition, (which varies from $150 to $250 or more depending on the original booking) out of new money. Then you will receive a ecredit for a future flight minus the cost of the throwaway booking,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.