Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

CRJ-200 Seat 3A/D 4A/D Blocked Out on Online Seat Map

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver

As part of my push to Silver, I am flying both legs of UA 5306 (ORD-MKE-ORD) this Sunday, October 2.

Earlier this week, I took a peek at the Seat Map and saw that in Rows 3 and 4, seats A and D no longer were there (not that they were occupied, they were just not there!)

I am not seated in any of those seats but found this to be odd. Looking at the Android app, it appears that all the flights operating this quick turn route on Sunday lack the same seats....

I looked around Seat Guru and could not find any CRJ-200 on any airline operating with this odd seatmap, thinking perhaps SkyWest found some used aircraft and had yet to outfit them in the "United" layout.

Any ideas where 3A, 3D, 4A, and 4D went? -- Lets NOT turn this into the "I hate the CRJ thread though, please!)

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 29, 2011 at 3:49 am
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:42 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Just saw this when looking up my reservation next week. I'm sure it's just one of dot bombs usual glitch
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Had the same on an MCI-DEN for Sunday.. Got my hopes up thinking that they had installed two IPTE F seats
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by AZjohns
Just saw this when looking up my reservation next week. I'm sure it's just one of dot bombs usual glitch
Either that or 5A or 5D has a heck of alot of legroom!

I wonder if those seated in the "removed" seats have had their seats taken away...
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:36 am

Programs: UA 2MM
kwildnj - You are not alone. I'm wondering this too. The CRJ-200 on the RNO-SFO route are now "missing" 3A,3D and 4A,4D.

Edited to add: This seems to be a duplicate post.

Last edited by restlessinRNO; Sep 29, 2011 at 12:41 am
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Weight and balance perhaps?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 1:06 am

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Same situation on SMF-LAX in a couple weeks. Assume it's just part of the integration.....
Old Sep 29, 2011, 1:51 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by kwildnj
I wonder if those seated in the "removed" seats have had their seats taken away...
I just checked another reservation I had seat 3A. The seat map shows me in that seat but 3D, 4A, and 4D are just gone....lol
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA Exec Plt 2MM, HH Diamond, *wood Gold, disgruntled Amex Ex-Centurion
On Monday, Sep. 27th, the actual seats were certainly there - and assigned to somebody. However, the seat-map on .bomb didn't show 3A/D and 4A/D to exist for me either.

I want my CRJ-700 back on the SFO to YYJ run! The CRJ-200 is just a miserable piece of c**p for a 2 hour flight.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:13 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Saw that too IAD-DTW?? am curious.. I have 4D..
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:06 am

I was just about ready to post the same for the CRJ from PHX-LAX-PHX where seats A/D in row 3 and 4 have disappeared. Odd indeed.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: Whatever gets me there faster.
Don't worry! The seats are still there.

These seats have been blocked to minimize the chance of having to shift passengers to a section closer to the rear of the aircraft in case the flight is not booked full, and thus allow for speedier boarding and departure.

I'm not sure how it will work on the CS side, but I'm sure that a ticket holder would most likely be confirmed on the flight without a seat, and then assigned those seats as neccesary.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by DXjr

These seats have been blocked to minimize the chance of having to shift passengers to a section closer to the rear of the aircraft in case the flight is not booked full, and thus allow for speedier boarding and departure.

I'm not sure how it will work on the CS side, but I'm sure that a ticket holder would most likely be confirmed on the flight without a seat, and then assigned those seats as neccesary.
Good, they needed to do that. I was on a CRJ-200 a couple weeks ago that was departing late. None of the dodos in the first few rows were willing to move to the back (worried about connections), so we sat at the gate for a few minutes with everyone staring at each other until finally one of the dodos gave in.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by DXjr

But this is something new, never saw that in the past.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 1:13 pm

Programs: Whatever gets me there faster.
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
But this is something new, never saw that in the past.
It was just implemented today. I'm just now learning about this myself.

AFAIK, this applies to ALL SkyWest CRJ-200 flights, regardless of marketing carrier, so I can't vouch for if/when other regional carriers might follow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.