Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

PROMO: MPD121 - Earn up to 20,000 bonus award miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT-TE, United Gold

EDIT: Appears to be targeted, tried my fiancées MP# and it wasn't available...

Text from the email I received:
Move business forward. Fly with United.

Whether you fly on United®, United Express®, Continental® or Continental Express®, our expanded network offers you even more options to earn bonus miles.

Earn When you fly

2,500 bonus award miles 2 roundtrips

10,000 bonus award miles 3 roundtrips

20,000 bonus award miles 4 roundtrips

Hurry, all qualifying trips must be completed by June 30, 2011. Register now.

link: https://www.mileageplus.com/mp/promo...o?pcode=MPD121

This appears to only work with a United Mileage Plus (Even though it says "Miles Plus" on the website) number, as my CO # did not work.

edit: T&C's (thanks JMD001):

1. To qualify for this offer, members must register and purchase and complete a paid qualifying roundtrip to any destination worldwide on United®, United Express®, Continental® or Continental Express® operated flights within the qualifying ticketing and travel periods. For this offer, a roundtrip is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel beginning in the outbound destination city back to the first origin city with all segments on United, United Express, Continental or Continental Express; a segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing. One-way, circle trips, multi-city itineraries and itineraries with stopovers do not qualify for this offer.
2. Offer valid on qualifying paid, published fares. Not valid on government fares.
3. Ticketing dates: April 1, 2011 through June 30, 2011.
4. Travel dates: April 1, 2011 through June 30, 2011, all travel complete.
5. For tickets purchased in the U.S.: Tickets purchased through United Reservations are subject to a $25 ticketing fee and tickets purchased at airport ticket counters are subject to a $30 ticketing fee. Fees are subject to change without notice.
6. Offer valid for recipients of this mailing only.
7. E-Ticket® purchase required.
8. Not combinable with other non combinable offers.
9. The bonus can be earned for a maximum of 20,000 bonus award miles.
10. Passenger must be a member of the Mileage Plus® frequent flyer program for travel to qualify for this offer.
11. Flights must be credited to the Mileage Plus account in order to qualify.
12. Registration is required anytime prior to travel, or within 30 days after travel, but must be completed by June 30, 2011 in order to qualify for the promotion.
13. Valid on United, United Express, Continental, and Continental Express and not on United or Continental marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers. Bonus applies to base flight miles only and does not count towards elite status. Bonus is in addition to paid flight miles and any applicable elite status miles or cabin bonuses.
14. Bonus award miles will post four to six weeks after the offer end date of June 30, 2011. Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the Mileage Plus program. The Mileage Plus program, including accruals, awards and bonus miles offers, is subject to change without notice. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. United and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. For complete details about the Mileage Plus program, visit united.com.
15. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. (MPD121)

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 4, 2011 at 5:37 pm Reason: Moved into Legacy UA Forum - This is not applicable for CO One Pass members.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 3:45 pm

Programs: If only all those cards were made from the precious metals and gemstones they claim to be.
Promotion not available

This promotion is not available or an error has occurred. Please try again later or contact Mileage Plus Customer Service for assistance locating this promotion.
D'oh! I have three round trips planned but I could quite easily squeeze in a fourth for an extra 10k miles.

I think you're right about it being targeted. Targeted at those who don't already have a few trips booked!
Old Apr 4, 2011, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I'm not targeted either. No travel booked but only a lowly 1p. 45k eqm this year so far.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 4:14 pm

Programs: If only all those cards were made from the precious metals and gemstones they claim to be.
Originally Posted by Ready4Snow
I'm not targeted either. No travel booked but only a lowly 1p. 45k eqm this year so far.
Similar here. 1p and 41k EQM to date this year.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Care to post the T&Cs?

Looks like somebody did not check their work.. Last I had heard, it was still called MileagePlus, not Miles Plus..

Old Apr 4, 2011, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 2MM Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, and EVA Gold soon
Mom got the same e-mail, she rarely travels on paid tickets....it's targeted.
Would not let me register:
"Promotion not available

This promotion is not available or an error has occurred. Please try again later or contact Mileage Plus Customer Service for assistance locating this promotion"
Old Apr 4, 2011, 4:51 pm

Someone please tell me this isn't an inadvertent (or perhaps intentional) leak of the new program name...

"MilesPlus"???
Old Apr 4, 2011, 4:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Last I had heard, it was still called MileagePlus, not Miles Plus..
Well, maybe we now know the answer to what the new program will be called. Jeff said an announcement would be coming soon.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
T&Cs

Here are the T&Cs.

My (targeted) offer is for the following:

Earn ................................When you fly
2,500 bonus award miles...... 3 roundtrips
10,000 bonus award miles..... 4 roundtrips
20,000 bonus award miles..... 5 roundtrips

1. To qualify for this offer, members must register and purchase and complete a paid qualifying roundtrip to any destination worldwide on United®, United Express®, Continental® or Continental Express® operated flights within the qualifying ticketing and travel periods. For this offer, a roundtrip is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel beginning in the outbound destination city back to the first origin city with all segments on United, United Express, Continental or Continental Express; a segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing. One-way, circle trips, multi-city itineraries and itineraries with stopovers do not qualify for this offer.
2. Offer valid on qualifying paid, published fares. Not valid on government fares.
3. Ticketing dates: April 1, 2011 through June 30, 2011.
4. Travel dates: April 1, 2011 through June 30, 2011, all travel complete.
5. For tickets purchased in the U.S.: Tickets purchased through United Reservations are subject to a $25 ticketing fee and tickets purchased at airport ticket counters are subject to a $30 ticketing fee. Fees are subject to change without notice.
6. Offer valid for recipients of this mailing only.
7. E-Ticket® purchase required.
8. Not combinable with other non combinable offers.
9. The bonus can be earned for a maximum of 20,000 bonus award miles.
10. Passenger must be a member of the Mileage Plus® frequent flyer program for travel to qualify for this offer.
11. Flights must be credited to the Mileage Plus account in order to qualify.
12. Registration is required anytime prior to travel, or within 30 days after travel, but must be completed by June 30, 2011 in order to qualify for the promotion.
13. Valid on United, United Express, Continental, and Continental Express and not on United or Continental marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers. Bonus applies to base flight miles only and does not count towards elite status. Bonus is in addition to paid flight miles and any applicable elite status miles or cabin bonuses.
14. Bonus award miles will post four to six weeks after the offer end date of June 30, 2011. Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the Mileage Plus program. The Mileage Plus program, including accruals, awards and bonus miles offers, is subject to change without notice. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. United and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. For complete details about the Mileage Plus program, visit united.com.
15. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. (MPD121)

Last edited by jmd001; Apr 4, 2011 at 5:06 pm
Old Apr 4, 2011, 4:58 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rerunree1
.....Would not let me register:
"Promotion not available

This promotion is not available or an error has occurred. Please try again later or contact Mileage Plus Customer Service for assistance locating this promotion"
this is new, in the past anyone could "registrer for a promo but you registration would be ignored if not targetted. Out right blocking is new.

this is good
Offer valid on qualifying paid, published fares

appears to be a repeat of a promo from last year that ran a couple of times (T&Cs are slightly different)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...es-united.html
Old Apr 4, 2011, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Well, maybe we now know the answer to what the new program will be called. Jeff said an announcement would be coming soon.
+1

This is from the email that was sent on 3/18. Although it is not Q3, I suppose they could be "preparing"..

Old Apr 4, 2011, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Care to post the T&Cs?

Looks like somebody did not check their work.. Last I had heard, it was still called MileagePlus, not Miles Plus..

Originally Posted by jmd001
Here are the T&Cs.

My (targeted) offer is for the following:

Earn ................................When you fly
2,500 bonus award miles...... 3 roundtrips
10,000 bonus award miles..... 4 roundtrips
20,000 bonus award miles..... 5 roundtrips

Thanks for that, not sure why but I didn't seem them linked in the original email or site when I first checked/posted. I've added them to the original post.

Also, why did this move to the pre-merger site? The promo works for United AND CO flights, just not with your CO OnePass#. If you've combined accounts it doesn't matter what # you use anyway...
Old Apr 4, 2011, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chrisdeaner
Thanks for that, not sure why but I didn't seem them linked in the original email or site when I first checked/posted. I've added them to the original post.
After I registered, I logged on to .bomb, went to "My Mileage Plus", then "My Promotions", then clicked on the specific promotion. That's where I found the link to the T&Cs.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jmd001
After I registered, I logged on to .bomb, went to "My Mileage Plus", then "My Promotions", then on the specific promotion. That's where I found the link to the T&Cs.
Ah, I'll remember that next time I see one of these. Thanks!
Old Apr 4, 2011, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA G
FWIW, MPD131 also has the same title; that might be a different segmentation bucket and could be worth registering for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.